I recently upgraded to the Extreme Pro - 400 Mbps data plan (about 30-days ago) and after multiple power cycles and, network resets, and equipment disconnects/breakdowns/reconnects, I'm confident that it's not me or my equipment but rather, Comcast's network.
The only consistent thing are the different speed test. The most recent results...
[All in Mbps]
Google: 44.5 Down / 18.2 Up
Ookla: 46.69 / 14.50
Comcast Business: 39 / 21
Speedcheck: 48.54 / 14.91
Speakeasy: 50.1 / 22.4
Broadbandnow: 46.40 / 21.31
Fast: 45 / 24
Verizon: 49 / 24
I have a Powerline network in my home and use an Arris SB6190. The router is a Netgear R6300v2 running Firmware v22.214.171.124. I use about 670GB a month (on average) from gaming, HD & 4k streaming, and general internet use.
Can someone help me with achieving the promised internet speeds so that we're not all digging into each other's bandwidth in my household?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Is this any help?
Thanks for the link. I went through and confirmed the modem is an appropriate device [https://mydeviceinfo.xfinity.com/device/arris-sb6190-461] and the modem is operating effeciently according to the standards in the post. It's directly connected to the wall without a splitter and it's the only item on a coaxial in the home as we do not have cable services. All other lines are capped as well.
Just ran the Xfinity Speed test also and it's still consistantly at the same levels: 47.0 Down / 22.5 Up.
The article was a great source of information but unfortunately doesn't help idenitfy how to fix the root issue. I appreciate the attempt to assist though. Thanks again.
Did you do the test of trying a computer hardwired directly to the SB6190 and seeing if you still have the same problem ?
Good thought. I just connected the laptop directly to the modem and ran the same tests. Below is my current results:
Google: 72.2 Down / 10.4 Up
Ookla: 75.98 / 23.85
Comcast Business: 84 / 23
Speedcheck: 70.4 / 26.37
Speakeasy: 76.4 / 24.2
Broadbandnow: 69.28 / 22.51
Fast: 73 /21
Verizon: 49 / 21
A small bump in speed but nothing close to the Extreme Pro advertised limits for download (400/10). I assume since it was pretty consistent, the expected bit of lag removed from the router (expected) led to the small bump. The testing is consistant around the same time block of non-primetime bandwidth use.
Any other ideas?
What speeds does it say that your are supposed to have here ;
Scroll down a bit and look at the right side of the page.
I tried posting a snapshot from my account but it wouldn't work.
Down speeds up to 400 Mbps and Up speeds up 10 Mbps.
Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.
You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.
GoinGoinErr410, your signal levels look to be in spec--thanks for posting your info here. Thanks for testing without the router and hardwired. Let's take a closer look at your speed issues. Please send me a private message with your full name for help.
GoinGoinErr410, glad you and the tech were able to find the noise on the line that was causing the issue. Please post again if you need further assistance, anytime!