Community Forum

Why am I recently getting this Xfinity log on message that locks my wireless access?

New Poster

Why am I recently getting this Xfinity log on message that locks my wireless access?

I've been a Comcast customer since late May.  Twice this week when I open my computer I gotten this message, which tells me to sign into my xfinity account to get online now.  This had never happened before.  I didnt know why this had popped up and didnt have the info. I tried calling Comcast, but had a terrible time getting to a live Comcast rep to help me. First the computerized responses which were all ridiculous (i.e. go online to do xxx, which of course I couldnt do.) Finally reached a human rep.  She said she'd NEVER heard of these messages (I didnt have a screenshot then) and thought it must be a virus. She helped me locate my xfinity username, and then set up a password (I'm the wife of the account owner) so I could get past it and access my wifi.  I was disturbed that Comcast help line gave me such a runaround, but I thought it was resolved.  AND THEN TODAY THE SAME LOCKING MESSAGE POPPED UP AGAIN. How can I stop this????

Screen Shot 2019-07-07 at 8.09.39 AM.jpg

Expert

Re: Why am I recently getting this Xfinity log on message that locks my wireless access?

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites loke Imgur or Photobucket and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Why am I recently getting this Xfinity log on message that locks my wireless access?

Hope an administrator will soon approve my photo. I don't want to have to pay to post it elsewhere.

Here is the language in the message:  

"Sign in to your Infinity Account to get online now." [Space to sign in.] "Forgot your username or password? Continue.  Not an Infinity customer? No problem. Start your free Wifi on Demand trial now or buy a pass today."

Are other people suddenly getting this message now?  I've been using the same Comcast wireless account since late March and have never been required to sign in to Xfinity in order to use my wifi on my computer. 

Highlighted
Administrator

@marytw,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We sincerely apologize that you have experienced issues when attempting to log into your Xfinity WiFi. Based on the image you are posting you, it appears you are attempting to log into an "xfinitywifi" public wifi hotspot (available on all Comcast modems). These hotspots are free for Comcast Internet customers to use, but they are public which means they are unsecured and not recommended for home access. You can access these "xfinitywifi" public hotspots anywhere you find one by simply logging in with your Xfinity My Account credentials (comcast.net email and password). More information about "xfinitywifi" hotspots can be found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Internet/ANSWERED-How-to-Connect-to-an-Xfinity-WiFi-Hotspot/ta-p/30596...

If you are at home, we recommend that you connect to your private wifi network. Once you log in to your private home network once you can set your device to remember the network and you will not need to re-authenticate again. Your private connection will not be labeled "xfinitywifi" for the network name. It could have the default name (found on the bottom/back of your modem) or it could be something you or the installation technician set up. This network will also have a password that is different than what you use to log into your Xfinity My Account. 

If you continue to experience issues please don't hesitate to let us know. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!