Community Forum

Whitelist MAC address

New Poster

Whitelist MAC address

I have a Peloton bike that I have had connected via an Ethernet. No problems until Comcast replaces my modem. Can not connect via WiFi or Ethernet. Peloton is telling me that I need Comcast to whitelist the MAC address for the bike. I called today (Sunday) and the guy I was working with (via text even though I called) with tried several things and wouldn’t really address my comments about whitelisting. How do I get connected with the right person that can help me with this?
Expert

Re: Whitelist MAC address

Comcast does not block any device MAC Address that is able to connect to the gateway, from connecting to the gateway.

It might be the other way around where Peloton might need to whitelist your IP Address. Do you know of any IP or Web Address that it connects to, to be able to run a trace route from another computer.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I’m sorry - I don’t understand what you’re asking with this question “Do you know of any IP or Web Address that it connects to, to be able to run a trace route from another computer.” When you say “that it connects to” are you referring to the bike?
Expert

Yes.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

The bike is in my home so there’s no other IP address is available to connect to it. The only way that I could get the bike to connect to the Internet Was she use my phone as a hotspot
Official Employee

Hi @elshell

The information provided by @jweaver0312 is correct. We don't blacklist any devices. As for your bike, I'd be more than happy to reach out and see if I am able to help get this resolved. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.