Community Forum

Where in the Admin Tool is section to change QoS/MMS for Wireless gateway 2

Contributor

Where in the Admin Tool is section to change QoS/MMS for Wireless gateway 2

Because of this article:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2398063?start=60

I have been WASTING the last hour and a half trying to find the stupid area in the gateway setup admin interface where I can DISABLE QoS (Quality of Service) for MMS settings...or some setting like it.  Here is the part of the instruction from the link above.

"Find the setting for either QoS (Quality of Service) or MMS (Multi-Media Services). UNCHECK THE BOX FOR EITHER OF THESE OPTIONS. They are essentially the same thing and, in theory, are there to throttle bandwidth for certain services to give greater priority to things that are bandwidth-heavy, like streaming video."

I want to see if the CONSTIPATION OF the internet when using any browser or facebook stuff on our ipad...phones too gets relieved.  SICK OF IT.  Tried all the other b.s.  Is it normal to have a speedtest result on a mobile device of 39.62 download speed and upload speed of 21.42?  I've confirmed that our channel setting is FINE.  We are on a channel no one else was using.  I'm sick of calling comcast and dealing with all the B.S.  This new gateway was SUPPOSED to solve things and I guess when I calm down and look back, I'll probably remember that, yes, we did see some improvement.  Now it's all SLOW or even non-opening pages.  Reminds me of dial up at times.  Remember when you would wait for a page to load and forget why you opened it.  AT&T didn't have these issues with internet speed that I remember.

Contributor

Re: Where in the Admin Tool is section to change QoS/MMS for Wireless gateway 2

For each wifi adapter, you'll need to go into Gateway > Connections > Wifi, click the EDIT button. Make sure WMM is disabled, this is the only QOS service that is/can be activated on the wireless gateway. I suspect this is not your problem, but write back if that doesn't fix and I'll be happy to help.