Community Forum

Where do I split my coax cable. Inside or outside?

New Poster

Where do I split my coax cable. Inside or outside?

I am doing a home install and I am disconnecting my satellite and adding Comcast TV to my already existing Comcast internet.  The internet is up and running but I will need to split the coax cable coming out of the ground in the outside xfinity cable box..(or do I spilt it in my inside panel?  Right now I have 2 cables entering my house  (one for internet which is currently comcast/ the other is the coax which runs cable to an inside box and eventually a 4 way splitter that then branches out to the rooms of my house).  Do I simply split the coax coming out of the ground to feed the the internet and the TV or should I split it in the inside wiring panel?  Or do I wait for a tech?

Official Employee

Re: Where do I split my coax cable. Inside or outside?

Hello, bmule. 

You might need to have a tech install/activate the outlet for you. If the outlet is on, you can pick up a splitter at our store, and split it from that outlet to do both TV and internet. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!