Community Forum

What to do if i do not have a cable wall outlet /

New Poster

What to do if i do not have a cable wall outlet /

Hello,

Quick question. I do not have a Cable Wall Outlet.  Can i still use the internet? If not, if i create a Cable Wall Outlet where does it have to connect?  For example, i know that one of the ends has to connect to the modem but where does the initial connection have to connect?

Sorry, i am new to this . Please advise 

Thank You 

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: What to do if i do not have a cable wall outlet /

The coax cabling in the home, no matter how many outlets, terminates a a splitter near the entry to the home.  At that point, the coax cabling goes outside the house, through a ground block and up to the pole or ped.

If you don't have the proper wiring, you can hire Comcast to install a jack for you, or hire someone local.  If the house never had cable before, then Comcast needs to come out to install a drop cable from the house to the pole / ped.

You just might want to call Comcast and arrange getting all the coax cabling installed and connected.  The tech then would confirm that RF signal to the modem is good.

New Poster

Do you mean the coaxial wall port I don't have one can I use my cable box to do it I have dish
Diamond Problem Solver

Two and a half year old dead thread now being closed. Please post a new topic of your own detailing your issue.