Community Forum

What is this: XFSETUP-D99C

New Poster

What is this: XFSETUP-D99C

All of a sudden my personal wifi network name and the xfinity network name, the two network names that show up on my wifi list when my computer looks for networks, are no longer there. What shows up now is XFSETUP-D99C. When I try to connect with that, it asks for a password which my password does not work. We have had some power outages lately, would this be the culprit. What do I need to do at this point to get my internet back? Ugh!

Silver Problem Solver

Re: What is this: XFSETUP-D99C

Looks like the factory default wireless network name, (SSID) for an Arris TG1682G gateway. The password is printed on a label on the side of the gateway.

(I see I'm 4 days late with my reply, hopefully you figured it out). Smiley Happy

New Poster

Have you or possibly the power outage factory reset the router? XFSETUP is the default network before you personalize the router. You will have to log into the router by browsing to 10.0.0.1> admin for user name> password for the Password. Find wizard and reset up your SSID and password. If you have a dual band router be sure to tag the 2.4 and 5 GHZ networks to reflect separate networks. ie: networkname-2.4. And networkname-5.
Silver Problem Solver

If the OP has as I suspect an Arris TG1682G, it is slightly different. After a factory reset the user will be presented with a screen where they can change the wireless SSID names and passwords. After that step you can go to 10.0.0.1 and change any other settings to suit..(more info here):

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/personalize-your-wifi/?eqs=43F7F7E53B7E40C70FA...

New Poster

This is true with new activation. I didnt see OP mention the setup page only that he sees XFSETUP on his device and trys his custom password. If in fact this page is not showing on his browser he can follow my prior instruction. Or even skip the wizard and simply use edit on each network to change SSIDs and PW. Thanks for the reply. Also I do this very thing every day a few times per day with the Arris 1682. Smiley Wink
Silver Problem Solver

Ok then I'll bite, Smiley Happy Why would you be factory resetting your 1682G several times a day? I have the same device, every time I factory reset it, it brings up the change wireless settings screen. To satisfy my curiosity I just factory reset it, thinking there could have been a firmware update that changed things, but I still got the wireless screen. Guess your experience has been different, in which case we'll have to agree to differ.

It's all good for future ref Smiley Happy

New Poster

Lets just say its not my 1682 but many others. On a daily basis , if you want to read between the lines. Even if you get the page you can still browse to to router to make the changes. For instance I am not at the location of said page but have access to the router. Person in front of page either does not know how to or does not want to fill out the page on there own.
Silver Problem Solver

Don't think I tried to bypass it before, I was more concerned with changing the network to match mine. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

New Poster

The reason I gave the instruction I did is because OP didnt seem like he had opened a browser and even saw the setup page. Only tried to connect to the XFSETUP ssid and tried to use his custom password. If one knows how to use the setup page by all means use it. My main point to the OP was that he had to customize his ssid and password again. And I also see a lot of people name both ssids the same thing without separating the 2.4 and 5 ghz networks. More than one way to skin a cat for sure.
Silver Problem Solver

Fair enough, my thinking with my first reply was that the OP was trying to connect by wireless in order to do that he would have to connect to XFSETUP- XXXX, then enter the default password on the label of the modem. I would have thought when connected he would then be presented with the change wireless network screen. (maybe it doesn't work that way with all browsers of course).

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Year and a half old dead thread now being closed Robert....