Community Forum

What is the "password of the day" for CM820A?

Highlighted
New Poster

I never knew one existed and it changes daily?

Thank youpassword-of-the-day.png

Expert

Re: What is the "password of the day" for CM820A?

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

What exactly are you trying to do ? Do you just want to access the User Interface pages ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Re: What is the "password of the day" for CM820A?

@bubba198 wrote:

I never knew one existed and it changes daily?

Thank youpassword-of-the-day.png

The "password of the day" was a way to address a vulnerability that allowed outside actors to access the advanced settings of the older model ARRIS modems. 

Newer firmware prevents this nowadays, but if you *really* need to look at the advanced settings, there are password generators all over the internet. I'm not going to link to them as I have no way to verify their authenticity, veracity or safety. I doubt you can even change them anyway, as they are set by the ISP. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!