Community Forum

What is "DS profile assignment change" in an SB8200 event log

Frequent Visitor

What is "DS profile assignment change" in an SB8200 event log

After months of troubleshooting, I was able to get gig speed. Then something happened and I'm back to sub 20 MB speeds. I requested a reprovision from a tech over chat which didn't work right away. I had to hard reset the modem, let it alone for a while, then reboot the modem. The moment I saw pings work, I ran a speed test and looked at the event log. I saw a message with sb8200 and gig in the logs with no erorrs. At that point, I had gig speeds. Then, a few moments later the message  "DS profile assignment change" appreard and I was capped back at 20 MB. This process takes hours to reproduce, but next time I'm going to collect the logs. Anyone else have a similar experiance or know a way to either shorten the time or make it stable?

Also, anyone have a list of what the SB8200 error codes mean?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: What is "DS profile assignment change" in an SB8200 event log

I assume DS means "DownStream".

Frequent Visitor

So does "Down Stream profile assignment change" mean I could be sent the wrong profile? Is data speed controlled on the modem? 

Expert

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here http://192.168.100.1 or here http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I attached the signals. If signals are bad, I expect download and upload speeds to be impacted since there is one wire. I would be happy if I was paying for just the 25 Mbps speed tier since the speed tests stay steady between 18-22 download.