Community Forum

Weird internet connection

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Weird internet connection

Ok we've been having intermittent internet connection in the past couple of weeks. Now what made me say that it's weird is that even if it I can't access the net on my PC or Mobile devices, I can still play videos on youtube via the x1 cable box. So what the heck is going on. Tech came a couple of days ago and attached a booster but it didn't help. He can't even give me a clear answer as to why it's happening. He said cause youtube is an app in the x1 box. And in my mind I'm like. Doesn't youtube requires internet to work? Isn't that weird? They noted that they will do something about it. Haven't asked for a credit yet cause I want a good credit til they fix this issue. Been with comcast for almost 4 years and this has been the worst month. Please help me. Thanks!
Screenshot_2018-05-03-00-45-55.png
Expert

Re: Weird internet connection

Since you've already had a tech visit...

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

If you would like the community to help you troubleshoot:

Start here: troubleshooting guide. Please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Re: Weird internet connection

Hello BGLoscar. I can assist in troubleshooting your intermittent internet connectivity issues. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment.

Please Note: The X1 cable box has its own built in cable modem that creates it's own internet connection for the box's built in Netflix, YouTube app. Your cable modem for your residential internet provides all your other internet. These devices are typically troubleshooted separately.