Community Forum

We're sorry, XFINITY WiFi is not available with your tier of service.

New Poster

We're sorry, XFINITY WiFi is not available with your tier of service.

Hi,
I'm using perfomance starter and on the weblink (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/about-xfinity-wifi-internet) I found that Performance Starter, Internet Essentials and Prepaid Instant TV customers have access to 40 hours of Xfinity WiFi hotspots every 30 days. But when I tried to do that I got the the error XFINITY WiFi is not available with your tier of service. I called the Xfinity customer care couple of times but they did not give right direction to fixed it up Smiley Sad : ( . Can any help me to fixed up and use secure wifi while I'm out of my home. image.png

Administrator

Re: We're sorry, XFINITY WiFi is not available with your tier of service.

@Rezwan,

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced with Xfinity WiFi hotspot access. As you mentioned, Xfinity WiFi hotspots are included for customers with Performance Internet (and above). Limited access to our WiFi hotspots is also available to Performance Starter customers through 40 one-hour passes every 30 days and is available in select areas. A WiFi-enabled mobile device is required for access.

To automatically connect at Xfinity WiFi Hotspots and get the best possible experience, install the security profile on your device. To sign in manually when you are at a hotspot:

1. Using your WiFi-enabled device, connect to the Xfinity WiFi network (network name: xfinitywifi) and launch your browser.
  2. The browser will redirect you to the Xfinity WiFi sign-in page. If you don't see the sign-in page, enter a different URL, like www.xfinity.com, in your browser to be redirected to our sign-in page.
  3. Sign in using your Xfinity username and password and register your device.

**Note**: Once you've signed in and registered your device, you may be prompted to install the Xfinity WiFi secure profile, which enables you to take advantage of enhanced security features at many hotspot locations. The installation process varies by operating system, so please follow the on-screen prompts.

Minimum System Requirements
You can connect to Xfinity WiFi from any WiFi-enabled device such as a mobile computer, mobile phone or tablet and from other mobile devices, such as an iPod Touch, Kindle, Nook, etc. Devices without built-in browsers are currently not supported.

If you continue to experience an issue with accessing an Xfinity WiFi hotspot we recommend you contact 1-800-934-6489 and request to speak with "Xfinity WiFi Support"

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: We're sorry, XFINITY WiFi is not available with your tier of service.

Could you please send me the link how to register the device