Community Forum

WIFI Speed Drop

Frequent Visitor

WIFI Speed Drop

My WIFI Speeds were a constant Speed around 50 megs per second and have dropped to less than 4megs per second. And now my upload speeds are better than my download speeds with WIFIgateway.gifI have reset the gateway numerous times and have reset the WIFI numerous times and the modem has been in the same location since I Got Blast package and I have been running good hard line speeds. (see attached) The lower is a snapshot of my Pad using WIFI and the upper pic is my Hard wired system speed. As you can see my download speed is lower than my upload speeds from the testing. Why did my WIFI drop to these lower speeds? Does anyone have suggestions before I call support?

Expert

Re: WIFI Speed Drop

Some tips for improving WiFi performance;

http://corporate.comcast.com/comcast-voices/10-ways-you-might-be-killing-your-home-wi-fi-signal

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Improve-Your-Wireless-Gateway-Home-Network/td-p/26276...

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/improve-your-wireless-home-network

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the info,

I have had my Router in the exact same location since switching to cable internet. And I noticed the drop in WIFI Speed after doing a speed check. Nothing has changed in the immediate area of the router (i.e no interference with the signal) I was getting around 50 Megs a second from all WIFI Devices and now all of a sudden I am getting Less than 4 Megs per second and thats not right in my opinion, so I guess I need to contact Xfinity and talk to a Technition and see if they know whats happening.

Official Employee

Hi there, Jdavid1953. 

I can help look into your account and get a tech out if needed. 

You reached the right place for help. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

FWIW, you will not talk to a "technician" on the phone. They are just phone reps... Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello again, Jdavid1953. 

I wanted to reach out and touch base one more time before closing out your post. 

Did you have any other questions? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.