Community Forum

View Data Usage

Frequent Visitor

View Data Usage

I made a post about this at the beginning of June, however I can no longer respond to it.

Basically, the data usage meter on the Comcast website stopped working towards the end of May. For the entire month of June, we show zero bandwidth used. It was suggested in that "If you have questions related to the Data Usage Meter, please call us at 1-877-807-6581". Someone had marked that as the best answer (which it is not the solution).

I called 1-877-807-6581 on 6/17/19 and after a lengthy phone call spent trying to get the person on the other end to simply understand the situation, I was told that they would have to escalate the matter and that a ticket would be created and I would be emailed information concerning it.

It is now almost a week later and I have received no email or any other response concerning this matter, and the data usage meter still does not work.

The reason I posted in these forums seeking a response was to avoid having to call Comcast. To say that dealing with them on the phone is a frustrating experience (if not outright counterproductive) is an epic understatement.

Please help.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: View Data Usage

@TCW67 wrote: ...It is now almost a week later and I have received no email or any other response concerning this matter, and the data usage meter still does not work. ...

Like I wrote on June 6:

... they got it working again (eventually).

"Eventually" was 2 or 3 weeks, and I received no updates from them in the interim. The meter just (finally) started registering again. I hope the your experience is better than mine, but this is Comcast, after all.

Official Employee

Hi there, TCW67. 

I would love to look into your account and improve your experience. Smiley Happy

You have reached the right place for help. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

@ComcastMartin 

The data usage overview has stopped working for me as well in mid-June.

I normally use around 500GB/month, but as you can see from the graph and table data, June was drastically lower with no change in our habits, and July shows nothing (today is July 8th, so well past the 24 hours needed to show data usage).

Something is broken on the Comcast side of things.

Here is a screenshot of what I'm referring to:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Hkifos52FktzFjDP8

Regular Visitor

Mine stopped working beginning of July (That's when I noticed). I was uploading a bunch of things to OneDrive in June and wanted to make sure I didn't break the 1TB cap since I had already received one of the two grace months you get per year. I was able to track usage and remain below the cap. But, so far, July still shows 0 data used. Not that big of a deal now that I have finished uploading the watermelon and OneDrive is only uploading changes. But, if they're going to cap I would like to keep tabs on the usage. I'm certain it will be fixed. Or, maybe they just stopped measuring Smiley Wink

Official Employee

Hello @workablob, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I offer my deepest apologies for the delay in response and I hope you can forgive us. We still do have the 1TB data threshold, but you should absolutely be able to track your data usage. I would love to assist you with further looking into this concern and getting it corrected. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello @BobViolence, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I also offer my deepest apologies for the delay in response to your public post. I do see ComcastMartin responded to your private message, but we never heard back from you. If you still need assistance with this, please send me or Martin another private message and we would be more than happy to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks Smiley Happy but after clicking on your name I can't find a link to send you an IM.  I see my usage in the graph through June but nothing after that. I've tried it on my home and work computers.

David

Official Employee

@workablob, Can you please make sure you have the most recent flash update on your device and try again? If you continue to have issues, please let me know, thanks. 

Silver Problem Solver

@workablob wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy but after clicking on your name I can't find a link to send you an IM.  I see my usage in the graph through June but nothing after that. I've tried it on my home and work computers.

David

The send a message link is on the right side of the Profile view; it might be dim on some devices;Send a message-3.jpb.jpg

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@workablob wrote:

Thanks Smiley Happy but after clicking on your name I can't find a link to send you an IM.  

Being that you are a new poster here, and you haven't made their minimum number of posts yet, the Comcast employee likely has to enable that private messaging feature you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Gold Problem Solver

@ComcastAmira wrote: @workablob, Can you please make sure you have the most recent flash update on your device and try again? ...

What "flash update" do you have in mind here? The only "flash" I can think of is Adobe Flash Player. The usage meter the poster is asking about doesn't use that, does it?

Official Employee

@TCW67, we did not hear back from you in our private message or on here, so I will be closing the PM. Please be sure to send either ComcastAlly or me another PM if you still need assistance with this Data usage concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns. We're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

Official Employee

@workablob, I did reach out and your Private Messaging has been enabled and you should now be able to successfully send me a PM, thanks. I apologize for the delay in letting you know, I was off for the last few days.

@BruceW, I was asking about the Flash update in reference to sending me a Private Message, my apologies for not being more specific. 

Official Employee

@TCW67, I have not heard back from you in our private message or on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me another private message if you still need assistance with this Data Usage Meter concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. 

Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast!