Community Forum

Verify the internet package I have upgraded to, because that's not what I'm seeing

Frequent Visitor

Verify the internet package I have upgraded to, because that's not what I'm seeing

Hello,

This weekend, I upgraded my internet from Performance Internet (105 Mbps) w/ blast to 250 Mbps. But I cannot find any where on xfinity.com site that tells me what my current package is. **

That is to say, am I really signed up for (up to) 250Mbps?

Because that is not what I am getting, speed test after speed test I get ~ 120Mbps. Which is better then 105, but not 250. Rebooted modem and router a few times. I connected my computer directly to the modem and get the same results.

Modem :      Motorola Model MB7420

Computer:  Dell OptiPlex Desktop Computer - Intel Core i5

Router:        Linksys Max-Stream AC1750 MU-MIMO Dual-Band WiFi Router 

Appreciate any help

-jim

** The xfinity website has gotten a lot better since comcast merged with AT&T, but there are a  lot of urls that click into dead space. For instance, I click on "check mail" and I get the home page. It's pretty horrific for a Corporation that does business on the internet. This all should have been sorted by now.

Expert

Re: Verify the internet package I have upgraded to, because that's not what I'm seeing

See if it tells you the corresponding speeds of your speed tier here;

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

Scroll down to this and look on the right side;

Data Usage Overview

Review your monthly data usage.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Verify the internet package I have upgraded to, because that's not what I'm seeing

thanks, that link has what I needed. Embarassing thing is, I'm pretty sure I looked at that page, but maybe never turned my eyes all the way to the right.

So I am not getting my full bandwidth, but I had some useful advice from a co-worker that I need to check that my computer's NIC is set to autoneg or hard set to 1G. I'm hoping it's hard set to 100M which I can correct. I'll see when I get home.

thanks again!

Frequent Visitor

Now I know why I couldn't find my data rate (internet package):

I was looking at 

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/services/internet

Selection_042.png

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

Selection_041.png

So I look at "internet services" - I mean, services right? - and I don't see my data rate package, but I look at "devices" and there it is. Same, very similar view and yet not. Now I'm not embarrased, but some web developer sure ought to be.

-jim

Expert

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

Here's what I see for mine;

Screenshot.png

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello tashicom, (EG) provided some very helpful information for you to get the information needed. But if you're still having issues with finding your package details feel free to reach back out to me here. You can also send me a private message by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and we can confirm everything so you're aware of what services you have, and we can repair any issues that needs attention. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi tashicom, I don't see a private message or a reply back from you here so I will close this thread as completed. Feel free to create another post if you require further assistance, have a good day.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.