Community Forum

VPN Troubles with Xfinity Wi-Fi

New Poster

VPN Troubles with Xfinity Wi-Fi

I'm using the Xfinity provided Gateway device on my home network.  I am having trouble keeping a connection using the Cisco AnyConnect client for my work network.  This issue occurs several times a day and is preventing my ability to be effective working remotely.

I've seen some other posts concerning this issue but can't seem to find them now.  I have attempted using my own router in a bridge mode configuration and saw no improvement.  I am able to use the same VPN program when traveling on other networks.  Only seem to have trouble on my own.  Are there any settings I can adjust to improve the speed and reliability of my VPN connection?

Regular Contributor

Re: VPN Troubles with Xfinity Wi-Fi

hi there,

Are you saying that sometimes VPNing to work connects well and sometimes it doesnt?

New Poster

It drops regularly. Connection is made Works for a while then drops out.
Expert

Are you using the XB3 gateway by chance? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes it is xb3.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have an idea but not sure if it matters in this case:

What if your VPN gives you the same subnet as your LAN at your home?  Will that cause conflicts when it happends to give your VPN interface the same IP address that already exists on one of your devices at home?

Expert

@MrTerry1976 wrote:
Yes it is xb3.

There was a long thread a while back where people were complaining about VPN issues; while no official response came as a result, all evidence I saw pointed towards the XB3 (probably because of the Puma 6 chipset in those gateways). 

If you're able to, swap the gateway for an XB6, or buy your own modem that doesn't have the Puma 6. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!