Community Forum

VPN Drops

Highlighted
New Poster

VPN Drops

I need to utilize VPN to work from home.  I have Xfinity gig speed internet with the TG3482G Gateway.  VPN drops began intermittently and have become so frequent it is impacting my ability to work.

I also have a Verizon Jet Pack.  When I use this as my internet connection I experience ZERO VPN drops.

Has to be Xfinity or the Xfinity Gateway.  What do I need to do to resolve this issue?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: VPN Drops

Try disabling the Xfi Advanced Security feature as a workaround for now and see. It's buggy ! And there is currently no way for an end-user to be able to whitelist anything;

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Instead of eliminating each xFi bug individually one at a time possibly consider to eliminate the optional cost of paying extra for bugs.     Why not elect the $0.00 monthly option of not having xFi and picking any supported-cable-modem and any wifi/hub/router?    You could probably purchase any retail wifi/router/hub randomly and have the same number or fewer bugs. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I have been having the same issue.  Now that I read this, it does seem that it did coincide with turning on this security feature on the xfi app for my account.  I turned it off this afternoon and I've not had a drop since.