Community Forum

Upstream light flashing after an Comcast outage

New Poster

Upstream light flashing after an Comcast outage

C8836C92-8B23-4FDE-8E8B-239FE4728AD0.jpegF696449D-635A-4B9F-B9A8-287CC48DE405.jpegYesterday my area had an outage and they fixed it. But upstream light on my modem keeps flashing. I don’t know if they messed anything up or my modem just doesn’t work anymore.

The photo shows that it has some t3 t4 timeout issue. I don’t know what that means. I‘m surprised that my modem is broken at the same time as an outage.

Thanks.

New Poster

Re: Upstream light flashing after an Comcast outage

By the way, I did everything I can, power cycle, reset settings, ask Comcast to reboot and two agents didn’t solve my issue this morning during a call.

I just ordered a new modem. Does anyone have similar issue of those t3 t4 timeout?

Expert

I can't see the second picture, but your upstream power level is way, way high, and given what you described, your modem  might actually have sadly bit the dust. 

BTW, what new modem did you get , what was the make of your old modem, and what speed tier service do you have?

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a regular customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

FWIW, the upstream power level is probably at its max even though it says 57 dB. You cant get an accurate power level reading if the modem is not in block sync mode with the system. It still says ranging status - "continue" rather than saying *locked*.

New Poster

@darkangelic wrote:

I can't see the second picture, but your upstream power level is way, way high, and given what you described, your modem  might actually have sadly bit the dust. 

BTW, what new modem did you get , what was the make of your old modem, and what speed tier service do you have?

1FD9A76A-851C-46CF-AF1F-429472D42FA1.jpeg

Thank you for the reply. The photo is about the errors it constantly gets. 

My old modem is Arris SB6121, bought 4 years ago. New one is pretty cheap, tplink tp 7610. I may move in the next few months so I don’t want to spend too much on it.

Performance tier.

It’s possible that my old modem just died. I’ll see how the new modem works when it arrives.

New Poster

Suprisingly, I just removed the 1-4 splitter and modem works again with upstream of 54dbmv, which may look a little bit high. But connection seems stable and speed is good. It's possible that the splitter/modem signals doesn't sychronise very well. I just leave this comment in case someone has similar issue.

Diamond Problem Solver

It's still too high. You may want to get a tech out to investigate. The problem may lie beyond your premises.