Community Forum

Upstream issues causes drops in gaming and streaming

Highlighted
New Poster

Upstream issues causes drops in gaming and streaming

Background: over the past year or so I've been experiencing issues with my service involves my upstream. About 6 months ago I had a tech visit and he determined the issue was my upstream power levels were too high (around 53). He replaced the splitter in the house and the problem was corrected temporary. Recently I've been experiencing the same issues despite my upstream being around 42-44 on all 4 channels. I had another tech come out on 3/18 and he determined that the issue was not with my equipment or the cables. He said that my upstream noise levels were too high. After examing the pole he said the "tap" looked like it needed to be replaced and called it in. I never saw the pole get worked on.

I called again tonight (3/27) to get another appointment with a tech, this time I made sure to add all this information in the notes.

Question: When the tech arrives on Saturday (3/30) what questions should I be asking to make sure this issue is resolved after this visit?

I've read on other post that I can call and get my noise levels checked and monitored, would this information help the tech to diagnose the issue?

If the issue does turn out to the pole, is there a way for me escalate the issue to get it resolved?
Official Employee

Re: Upstream issues causes drops in gaming and streaming

Hi MaYh3MM, thank you for reaching out.  Was out technician able to correct the underlying issue on 3/30?  Please let me know if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Upstream issues causes drops in gaming and streaming

Hi MaYh3MM,  I haven't heard from you but please reach back out if you still need assistance.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!