Upstream and Downstream dBmV power levels seem out of whack

Regular Visitor

Upstream and Downstream dBmV power levels seem out of whack

One
Two

Three

Four

Config.jpgDownstream and Upstream.jpgEvent Log.jpgStartup Procedure.jpg

I have been having a lot of issues with my modem randomly restarting throughout the day. I replaced the modem. Same issue. Also replaced the coaxial cable. The issue still persists. Everything will work perfectly fine for a couple of days and then suddenly no internet, the modem keeps attempting to connect unsuccesfully. I have seen similar issues posted here before, with a tech having to be sent out as the only solution. 

Expert

Re: Upstream and Downstream dBmV power levels seem out of whack

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Here are the same pictures hosted on IMGUR

One
Two

Three

Four

Expert

The signal stats are o/k but the error log entries indicate that something is going on. Perhaps there is noise ingress into the line(s) somewhere.

There are other signal stat figures that can't be read by the modem. They are the "Upstream Rx Power" (Upstream Receive Power Level), the "Upstream SNR Ch." (Upstream Signal To Noise Ratio), and the "Upstream ICFR" (In Channel Frequency Response). These are as equally important in diagnosing connectivity issues as are the modem's stats.

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS to see whether or not everything is in the green zone, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and also see a history plot for the modem. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your prompt reply, as well as your analysis. 

Regular Visitor

Issue is happeneing again today - 2/11 10:30am EST. Will be calling technical support so they can check in.

Official Employee

Hi, HyIntrex. Welcome and thank you for posting. Please send me a private message with your name so I can take a look at your modem diagnostics on this end, as well as the node that supplies service to your area. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

We will go from there. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi there, HyIntrex. I ended up not hearing back before I could confirm a resolution to this. I will need to complete the interaction. If you end up needing further support with this, you're welcome to reply to my most recent PM. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.