Community Forum

Uploads Speeds All of a Sudden Slow For Entire Area

Regular Visitor

Uploads Speeds All of a Sudden Slow For Entire Area

Since yesterday my upload speeds have absolutely tanked. Its not the first time this has happened in the last year, and every single time it seems to never get fixed for days, and generally at random. Getting kind of sick of it always being an issue as I need uploading just as much as downloading.

Here is the current speeds Im getting, and what I WAS getting a few days prior.
TestMy.PNG
Going through all the necessary steps and everything yields nothing. Ive changed my modem and that didnt fix the issue, so it has to be something outside of my house. Every time a tech gets sent out, nothing gets permanently fixed. Sure I get a $20 credit, but that doesnt really cover the inconvenience of this always happening. If I do a speed test directly to comcast, its fine, but everywhere else its abysmal. 

Heres another speed test as well all over the western US with the same results.
Twitch.PNG
Heres the connection to the modem. I know the power level is a bit high, but it usually hangs around 49 or so, with it recently jumping up to 50 on 2 channels.
Upstream.PNG
The Modem Event Log shows the point on 5-19-2019(yesterday) at 14:29:00 where my upload speed suddenly dropped and never recovered, and its been like that since.
Modem Log.PNG
I also had 2 neighbors check their upload speeds, and one of them told me it was an abysmal 1.4Mbps and the other was 3Mbps, so its not just my house, its affecting the entire area, and its clearly been an ongoing issue.

Would really like to get this escalated and permanently resolved, but I have no idea how to get that far up to get some help with this.

Regular Visitor

Re: Uploads Speeds All of a Sudden Slow For Entire Area

So this morning the upload came up a little bit to around 4Mbps, but stil nowhere near the 10Mbps or so I should be getting, and its not consistent at all with the speed hitting up to 5Mbps, then dropping down to 500kbps, back and forth.

Official Employee

Greetings TimeRocker! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are not hitting the upload speeds as advertised. I know how important upload speeds can be especially if you like to stream or need to upload files to servers. I can certainly take a deeper dive to see what's going on. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, TimeRocker. I have not heard back from you and hope you were able to get the issues resolved. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!