Community Forum

Upgrading to gig speed with Netgear CM1150V

Frequent Visitor

Upgrading to gig speed with Netgear CM1150V

I have the Netgear CM1150V modem on my current xifinity service.  I would like to upgrade to the new gig speed package but customer support says thay have to send someone out to set everything up.  I don't see having to pay a $70 service call fee just for them to trell me my signal is good when they have already verified gig speed is available in my sub-didvision but they won't upgrade without a service call.  Any way around this?  Thanks in advance.

Official Employee

Re: Upgrading to gig speed with Netgear CM1150V

Hi there, Rcharles30. Thank you for posting. I have actually already replied to your PM. If you're in a certain market, there is a requirement for a professional installation when upgrading to Gigabit service. Even though you have good signal and Gigabit is offered in your area, there are generally still some necessary adjustments that will need to take place. I can check your account to confirm whether or not you're in an area that has that requirement. Please send me your name whenever you have a moment to reply to my PM. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Upgrading to gig speed with Netgear CM1150V

Thank you for your time, Rcharles30. I was glad to answer your questions. If you end up needing further support with this, please reply to my most recent PM. Thank you, take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!