Community Forum

Upgrading firmware on personally owned modem.

New Poster

Upgrading firmware on personally owned modem.

I have a Netgear CM1000 that i've had to reboot multiple times a day as it stops working.  Reboot fixes it everytime.  The router is not on the current comcast firmware.

Multiple threads on these forums with the same issue, including some resolved by @ComcastChe .  Phone support insists they cannot upgrade the firmware, both tier 1 and tier 2.  Can I get some help with this?

Expert

Re: Upgrading firmware on personally owned modem.

Firmware updates are automatically pushed from Comcast to you by the CMTS.
I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@jasonshepp

Start here: troubleshooting guide. If you still need help, please post your equipment details (make/model of your modem/gateway/router) and a screenshot of your signal levels and your error/event log. Thank you!

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Expert

@jasonshepp wrote:

I have a Netgear CM1000 that i've had to reboot multiple times a day as it stops working.  Reboot fixes it everytime.  The router is not on the current comcast firmware.

Multiple threads on these forums with the same issue, including some resolved by @ComcastChe .  Phone support insists they cannot upgrade the firmware, both tier 1 and tier 2.  Can I get some help with this?

You wouldn't happen to have bought that CM1000 from Amazon by chance? There are known issues with a variant, the CM1000-1AZNAS. 

Comcast Experts are other customers who volunteer their time helping on the forum and have been recognized by the community. For more information on the Expert Program, please click here.
Unless so specifically stated, my opinions written herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Comcast, its official employees or affiliates.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a regular customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!