Community Forum

Upgraded to gig, now no connection.

Frequent Visitor

Upgraded to gig, now no connection.

I upgraded to gigabit online Saturday night, modem rebooted as expected. When it came back up, no connection. The modem goes through the process, power, ds, us, solid. Internet blinks slowly, then quickly and reboots. Looking at the modem status page it says under connectivity, access denied. It locks a ds and an us channel, but will not provision or go online. Phone tech says the cables aren’t “strong” enough for gigabit. I know it is not an issue with my modem or cabling. Working fine up until I put the order for gig in, and the modem rebooted as expected. They are telling me no tech until July 10, that is unacceptable. Can anyone fix this or what? I choose to upgrade and I’m left with no connection for at least 4 days?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Upgraded to gig, now no connection.

Turns out they do not offer gig speed in my area and website was mistaken. Since my old speed was grandfathered, I am now at a lower speed than I started with. Went from 150/20 to 100/10. In response to my fcc complaint, they informed me they have no plans to upgrade the infrastructure needed to ever offer gig speed here. Thanks Comcast, for absolutely nothing. Swindling customers into lower speed tiers is not ok.

Frequent Visitor

I believe that you can still revert to your previous package if you're not happy.  That's what they told me at least.  Give it a shot?

Official Employee

tdc012, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here. Sorry to hear about the issues with Gig! I'd love to help take a look at this further with you. Please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!