Community Forum

Upgrade to 100Mb/s from 25Mb/s no change after (multiple) activate, Netgear CM600, firmware v1.01.21

Highlighted
New Poster

Upgrade to 100Mb/s from 25Mb/s no change after (multiple) activate, Netgear CM600, firmware v1.01.21

Hello,

I recently upgraded to 100Mb/s from 25Mb/s. I am still getting exactly the same peak speed that I had at 25Mb/s. Peek speedtest from comcast and/or other is 33.3Mb/s with the modem (Netgear CM600) directly connected with 1Gb ethernet to the PC. Under most conditions I still get this speed through a netgear DIR-655 and a couple of 1Gb switches.

The one thing that did seem to do something is factory resetting the modem and then activating at www.xfinity.com/activate. Some new downstream channels showed up but the speed is still exactly the same...

Any ideas? Thanks,

Curt

P.S. Of course I have experienced the frustration of navigating the the 1-800-xfinity and online trouble shooting to get to the agent who can do the below:

I upgraded to 100mbps service, but I'm still only getting 30mbps service.   Did someone forget to turn a switch or something?  I loath to call support, no offense, the past level of customer service I've gotten on the phone has been abysmal.
Hide results in replies
  • Hello rbf1337. I can assist with troubleshooting your internet speed issue. I'll need to perform a diagnostic check of your modem to see which bootfile is installed and to check your signal.&n...