Community Forum

Upgrade Firmware on Personally owned Router

Frequent Visitor

Upgrade Firmware on Personally owned Router

Hello,

I currently have a Netgear C3700-100NAS.  The Firmware Version is V2.02.17.  I'd like it updated to v2.02.18.  How can I make that happen?  I called in earlier and was told that they couldn't do a thing.  Another guy sent a signal to reboot my gateway, but that didn't do anything either.  Any help that anyone could give will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Upgrade Firmware on Personally owned Router

Firmware is typically pushed out automatically once a new verison is needed and approved. The current approved verison is v2.02.17- is there a particular reason or issue you are having that you need the .18 revision?  

Silver Problem Solver

There have been a few posts recently about this firmware for the Netgear C3000 and C3700. I think that the confusion is that the Netgear site clearly says that, V2.02.18 is already current and deployed by Comcast:

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

Maybe Comcast are still testing it and haven't actually got around to deploying it yet?

:

Frequent Visitor

Would be good to know, especially with all the info out regarding vulnerable netgear routers.

Frequent Visitor

I was able to get in contact with a comcast rep who was extremely helpful and is helping to initiate the process to get the firmware updated.  I'll definitely keep this thread updated as to the results!

Official Employee

Hi @1ng0gn1t0,

I've replied to your private message. Chat with you soon. 

New Poster

Hello,

I am in the same boat here, C3000 stuck on V2.02.17 and phone support has no idea about this.  They just keep insisting you have to update yourself since it's not their modem....

Smiley Sad

Alex

Frequent Visitor

Per a telephone call to Comcast support, a tech named Robin stated Comcast DOES NOT UPGRADE CUSTOMER OWNED MODEMS!

Per the modem manufacture web site, your ISP is the only one that can upgrade the firmware.

I wonder who's lying?

Frequent Visitor

From other posts, it appears, Comcast is able to upgrade customer's personally owned routers and attempted to update my own. I was told that I was on the latest firmware already (V2.02.17) , but this directly contradicts Netgear's website: https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod... which clearly states the latest firmware is (V2.02.18)
Diamond Problem Solver

@Wicked_ wrote:

Per a telephone call to Comcast support, a tech named Robin stated Comcast DOES NOT UPGRADE CUSTOMER OWNED MODEMS!

Per the modem manufacture web site, your ISP is the only one that can upgrade the firmware.

I wonder who's lying?

Your subject title says "Router" and the post body says "modem". Which type of device are you referring too ? Make and model number ?

Frequent Visitor

Sorry, modem

Diamond Problem Solver

O/k well the agent was wrong. Comast updates all cable modem's and combo gateway device's firmwares whether they are leased from them or are customer owned. They don't update retail stand-alone routers.
Silver Problem Solver

FWIW: Just as a follow up. the Netgear site listing current/deployed firmware for the C3000/C3700 has been amended back to read V2.02.17, and not V2.02.18 so at least Comcast and Netgear are on the same page now.

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...