Community Forum

Updated Gateway sent to me for Self Install - Online Light on, but wifi lights not on

New Poster

Updated Gateway sent to me for Self Install - Online Light on, but wifi lights not on

A New gateway (updated) was sent to me and I proceeded with the self-install. I disconnect the old, and plugged in the new and all of the lights began to flash. After 30+ minutes the top three lights power, usds, and online were illuminated but not the bottom 2.4/5 wireless lights. And as expected the network is not available to connect to. The ethernet cord works plugged into the gateway. 

This is the only gateway/router used for the house.

Any suggestions?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Updated Gateway sent to me for Self Install - Online Light on, but wifi lights not on

Did it come with instructions on how to activate it?

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/how-to-activate-your-self-install-devices

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Updated Gateway sent to me for Self Install - Online Light on, but wifi lights not on

@KWoodard402 wrote:

After 30+ minutes the top three lights power, usds, and online were illuminated but not the bottom 2.4/5 wireless lights.

Have you first tried powercycling / re-starting the device ? No joy ? Try hard resetting the device to factory defaults by pressing and holding in the recessed reset button on the rear for 30 seconds. You will lose any customized settings.