Community Forum

Up Stream levels little low?

New Poster

Up Stream levels little low?

Been doing some research on what levels my modem is suppose to be at and the downstreams are where they need to be but the upstream are low from what i have read about. is there anything i can do to get these to where they need to be at or do i need to cal and get a work order submitted?  my modem is a Arris SB6183 and it reporting that upstream is 33.3-34.0 dbmV.  From what i have read these levels need to be higher than 35 and they are below that level.   (since it doesnt want to show the picture it can be viewed here as well) comcast levels.png

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Up Stream levels little low?

If you’re not having any issues I wouldn’t worry about it. But if you want to raise it a bit, a 6db attenuator would work

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Expert

Re: Up Stream levels little low?

FWIW an end customer really can't do anything to fix their low upstream power. An attenuator only makes the figure look higher  / prettier as read at the modem, but the way that the upstream system works, the same power is hitting the CMTS as before..

It may not be low at all. The spec varies from local system to local system. It may be that it is just a very clean / noise free return path.

Bottom line; as stated by @CCAndrew , if you are not having any problems, then don't sweat it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!