After around half a dozen calls, and 300$+ spent in new networking equipment, I've finally learned that first Comcast technician did not properly check my signal properly for the upstream channels. I have purchased an RF Amplifier with an Active Return to try and boost my upstream signal, thus resulting in lowering my 57+ dBmV for upstream channels.
I'm not an expert, so I am requesting that someone ensure my levels are now okay. It seems the downstream might be a little high now, but I feel like it'll be okay being just below the upper limit, or at least I think...
Thanks again for the help, I'm hoping this nightmare will come to an end soon.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I'd like to add that I was experiencing dropouts where my bandwidth would drop out to almost nothing until I would reboot. This is no longer happening, but if my downstream is considered too high to be stable, please advise. I do not want to have to pay for a technician. They've tried charging me already for an install that never happened, I already had it setup and had service here.
EDIT: Would a 3-6 dB Attenuator work?
I got this sorted myself, it's been a horrific time Comcast. From here on out I'll be making BBB and FCC Complaints. Thanks for the help, I wouldn't be so upset if I haven't already had to call half a dozen times, argue an installation fee when one never happened, and of course went out buying new Networking Equiipment because I got a Rep named Felicia twice who was rude and acted like all of this was my fault, insisting that I needed to purchase a new modem.
EDIT: Oh, and the last few weeks my account was never fully activated and nobody could even tell me that. I was being assigned a Comcast DNS that is used for activation purposes up until a few days ago, and the only reason I even figured it out is because I was having to diagnose and look into everything myself.