Community Forum

Unreliable service

New Poster

Unreliable service

For the past sseveral weeks our xfinity service has been completely unreliable. Dropped connections where we can get to the gateway but not to the internet. WiFi works fine, I can start a traceroute that gets to the gateway but hangs there. This is now occurring multiple times a day. Unplugging the gateway for a few minutes and reconnecting brings the connection back for a while, but then the same happens. I have no splitters or anything like that - a single cable from outside that connects to the gateway. The lights on the gateway are always on during this period, nothign that would suggest a problem there.

I've had a Comcast techician come over that said it was voltage leak in the house. I've since had the utility company come over who said everything was fine up to the house and an electrician who confirmed the same inside the house.

Below are my gateway numbers when one of the episodes was happening. Any help would be much appreciated. https://imgur.com/a/B0qjqqt

Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 19.32.47.png

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Unreliable service

what tier (speed) of internet do you have?

New Poster

Re: Unreliable service

150Mb. Speed is fine when there is service. The problem is not being able to go online at (apparently) random times. I forgot to say that we have the xb3 gateway from Xfinity. Not sure if anything on the numbers might suggest a bad modem?