Community Forum

Unlimited Data

New Poster

Unlimited Data

I currently have the 60MB plan and want to upgrade to the unlimited data plan for $50.00 more. Customer service in my area is telling me I have to upgrade my speed to be elegiable for the unlimited data.  Why must I upgrade my speed to be eligiable for unlimited data?  seems like a scam to make me pay more money.  

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Unlimited Data

That's strange. For $50 extra, you can have the data cap removed no matter what your speed tier is. 

If you're thinking of xFi Advantage, which removes the data cap in certain regions for only $15 more, you need to upgrade your speed tier to 250 Mbps. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Unlimited Data

I don't think you do need to upgrade your speed to get unlimited, at the $50 price.

If you are in the Central area, they do have xFi Advantage which includes Advanced security, gateway rental and unlimited data for $15 a month, if you have Extreme 250 or above. Otherwise that would be $55 a month, as far as I'm aware.

Maybe they are referring to that?