Community Forum

Unknown devices

hopem73
Regular Visitor

Unknown devices

On Thursday I came home to several interruptions in my internet service. After investigating it, I found that new unknown devices connected to my network while I was away at work. I live alone and no one else has my password so this is very troubling. I paused all the unknown devices and reconnected all my devices and the problem seems to be solved. However after returning home from work on Friday, I started to experience interruptions again even though the devices were still paused. Eventually all my devices were no longer connected to my network. After restarting my modem and reconnecting my devices I still had no internet connection. After contacting customer service and restarting my modem 6 more times I finally got to speak with an agent. She was able to help me get my devices back online and the internet was working. I woke up today (Saturday) to the same issue again. I contacted customer service again and wasn’t able to talk to an agent until after I followed the automated instructions to restart my modem again. After talking to an agent for an hour, the issue was not resolved and I have to wait until tomorrow when a technician can come to resolve it. I’ve already missed one critical meeting today and would like any help to resolve this today so I don’t miss anymore work.