Community Forum

Unknown device

New Poster

Unknown device

What is this device connected to my xfi wifi?
8c:9f:3b:28:fe:74

Qingdao Hisense Communications Co.,Ltd.

QingdaoH
Expert

Re: Unknown device

They manufacture a number of WiFi  capable products. Got any smart TV's ?

Some info;

https://www.google.com/search?q=Qingdao+Hisense+Communications+Co.%2CLtd.&rlz=1C1SQJL_enUS782US782&o...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes we have 3 tvs plus multiple other devices including phones, tablets, alexa, 2 rokus and printers. I have looked at each and the mac does not match. I have paused the device in xfi and all devices are still connected.
Silver Problem Solver

@Reporandy2 wrote:
Yes we have 3 tvs plus multiple other devices including phones, tablets, alexa, 2 rokus and printers. I have looked at each and the mac does not match. I have paused the device in xfi and all devices are still connected.

I have had luck matching the IP address to a third-party wifi scanner I use on my iPhone:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/network-analyzer/id562315041?mt=8

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

I have had luck matching the IP address to a third-party wifi scanner I use on my iPhone:

Do you mean the *MAC* address ?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Silver Problem Solver

@EG wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

Do you mean the *MAC* address ?

I've had to use both at times.  You are correct.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Ty I’ll try that !
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

I've had to use both at times.  

Well you can't rely on an IP address to be used as a device identifier. With the DHCP server handing them out, they could be anything / change anytime. They aren't written in stone like a MAC address is.

Expert

@Msredrebelrose wrote:
Ty I’ll try that !

@Msredrebelrose Are you the original poster ? You have a different forum name.

If you are, you need to cross reference the suspect MAC address with your actual device's MAC addresses on their labels to find the guilty party.

New Poster

It’s working now ty so much