Community Forum

Uncorrectables on Gigabit Internet

New Poster

Uncorrectables on Gigabit Internet

Since upgrading to Gigabit Internet I have had inconsitent bandwidth. Sometimes it seems snappy >500Mbs, but other times there is a noticable delay on the Internet and a speedtest might show something like <20Mbs. When I look at the cable connection information screen in my cable modem / router, I often see "uncorrectables" on several of the channels. I've pasted a screenshot below.

I've read and believe I understand network congestion, that I won't always get a Gigabit download speed all the time, but <20Mbs is surprising, and I'm not sure "uncorrectables" is something that I'd expect.

Does anyone have any ideas on what this might be? I'm a little afraid to call because I'd worry I wouldn't be able to explain this technically or the tech would be able to help with and I get anxious about that anyway. Is this something XFinity can fix or is it hopeless and I should downgrade to a lower speed class.

Thank you for any help!

Capture.PNG

Expert

Re: Uncorrectables on Gigabit Internet

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

That's a Netgear modem, correct?  Since you have gigabit, why didn't you include the OFDM channel in your picture? 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

The downstream power is on the weak side and the SNR is low on some channels. Please also post the upstream power level figures.

What is the exact make and model number of that modem ?

Official Employee

richpsharp, thank you for reaching out here on the forums. Are you still having these issues? Please include the OFDM channel and upstream power level figures as advised above. 

If you'd like, you can also feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name so I can take a look at the signals a little further. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.