Community Forum

Unable to deliver 1 gig speed which is included in my plan

New Poster

Unable to deliver 1 gig speed which is included in my plan

I am paying for a plan which included 1gig internet speed. Despite numerous calls to the company. I went to the xfinity store and got an xfinity modem, The technician came to my house and intealled a new modem. Still nothing close to 1 gig speed. My speed is about 260-300mbs--not close to 1gig.

The technician said there was nothing to do. Due to the community I was getting the best speed possible.

I do not alppreciate paying for services which cannot be delivered.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Unable to deliver 1 gig speed which is included in my plan

@RogerDeMotte wrote:

I am paying for a plan which included 1gig internet speed. Despite numerous calls to the company. I went to the xfinity store and got an xfinity modem, The technician came to my house and intealled a new modem. Still nothing close to 1 gig speed. My speed is about 260-300mbs--not close to 1gig.

The technician said there was nothing to do. Due to the community I was getting the best speed possible.

I do not alppreciate paying for services which cannot be delivered.

The 1gig speed is for an ethernet connection.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Home-Network/Troubleshooting-Gigabit-internet-speeds/m-p/3145413#...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Unable to deliver 1 gig speed which is included in my plan

RogerDeMotte, I understand how important it is to get the speeds subscribed to! Thank you for reaching out here. I'd love to have the opportunity to review this further with you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “Send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!