Community Forum

Unable to connect to VPN via Wifi. HELP!

Regular Visitor

Unable to connect to VPN via Wifi. HELP!

Hello all,

I have started to work from home a little and am in need of accessing sensitive work information. My work has a VPN that I need to connect to in order to access certain items. I have called Comcast and they stated that the main issue is that "Bridge Mode" needs to be turned on. Only issue with this is I need to access the Wifi, and cannot connect directly to the modem/router combo (we have the one that stands tall and is like a trapezoid shape - not sure how to figure out the model). If bridge mode is turned off, then I cannot access Wifi.

I have called my office to make sure everything is functional on their end, which it is. I have been able to connect to different internet providers outside of mine, and have had no problems connecting to the VPN. I am at a loss as to the issue here. I have attempted to log into the network settings (10.0.0.1) to figure out if there is a setting in there that can help with this, but have been unable to locate anything helpful.

I am at a loss as to what to do here. If I call Comcast, I know that I am likely to get the same response as last time - the bridge needs to be turned off. 

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: Unable to connect to VPN via Wifi. HELP!

Hello, dalehaas - 

Welcome to the forums! I just got your PM and have responded there regarding the VPN issues you're running into. Please respond back to me there at your earliest convenience. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!