Community Forum

Unable to access Amazon, IGN, NFL, etc... Google and Facebook work

New Poster

Unable to access Amazon, IGN, NFL, etc... Google and Facebook work

Hello,

I have an Arris SBG 6782-AC Modem / Router and I'm unable to access most of the web. When I go to sites such as Amazon, the connection times out. The issue appears similar to this thread but I haven't been able to find any concrete solutions besides finding a Comcast employee who knows the solution...

A fellow user noted that the problem may be due to:

something [that] has triggered an automatic "in-browser notification" which was supposed to 
redirect me to a Comcast page where I'd have seen the notification and clicked "yes, thank you for the notification" and my traffic would have been restored to normal. But the redirect is dysfunctional, so I don't get the chance to clear that up. 

Thank you in advance for the help.

Expert

Re: Unable to access Amazon, IGN, NFL, etc... Google and Facebook work

As was suggested in that thread, you could try contacting Comcast JohnN about the problem via a private forum message;
https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/1125291

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

Hi @smosbygraf

Thank you for visiting the forums! 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.