Community Forum

US/DS Light flashing, Internet not working.

New Poster

US/DS Light flashing, Internet not working.

So today I received self install kit from xfinity and plugged it in following the instruction on the xfinity xFi app. Once i got to the step were it looks for your router it was unable to find my router. The US/DS, 2.4 ghz, and 5 ghz lights are all flashing. The wifi networks show up but cannot load anything so I decided to try using an Ethernet cable to my desktop. When I did I was able to access 10.0.0.1 and it has a green check under wifi but an x under internet. I tried sending packets to Comcast.net but all packets failed. The power light is on and I have tried multiple coax outlets and cables any help is appreciated thanks!

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: US/DS Light flashing, Internet not working.

Did you just move there ? If not, did you have prior cable service / outlets ever work before ?

New Poster

The coax outlets have worked in the past yes but havent been in use for the last couple of months
Diamond Problem Solver

Do TV's / cable boxes work ? It could be that the other end of the coax line has been disconnected at the tap / Comcast feed and may need to be re-connected. It may be best for you to call their customer service dept. and book a tech visit to investigate. Good luck with it !

New Poster

I'm not sure about cable boxes as I've never used any in this house but I'll give Comcast a call just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Thanks for the help!
Diamond Problem Solver

Feel free to post back with the outcome.

Official Employee

Hello Lakota_, were you able to get this issue resolved from calling in? I would be happy to assist you further if you would like. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. Thank you

New Poster

Hello, just to let everyone know I had the problem resolved. Someone from Comcast came out and replaced the main coax line coming to the house and said there was a "kink" in the cable and replacing it seemed to fix the issue!
Diamond Problem Solver

Thanks for reporting back. Good luck !

Official Employee

Glad to hear everything was taken care of for you @Lakota_. Please let us know if you need assistance with anything esle.