Community Forum

UPSTREAM Speeds gone to ?

Regular Visitor

UPSTREAM Speeds gone to ?

Okay, I cannot be the only person in Houston Texas that is having this ridiculous issue;
Xfinity has check out all my house to post connectivity and they keep repeating to me the problem is at the Node, and they have sent supposedly a dozen line techs to sweep the node to fix the issue , but no one can give me a resolution time, its been 3 weeks.
4a-11a, speeds are 1/2 downstream speed (I pay for 150/5) so I get 60-75Mbps Down but I get as in the shown example taken 3 mins ago the UPSTREAM Speed is0.13 upstream, yes, Zero. POINT One Three megabits.
That is exactly 133Kbites/S, which is HALF of 300 Baud speed was in 1984 on a dial up line. 5pm-9pm speed are back to normal then back to being garbage after 9pm, repeat and rinse for last 3 weeks.
Please note, before anyone "try to help", all my hardware was replaced, all cable, lines, devices were tested by a qualified technician of xfinity and not found to be the cause of my issue, this is happening over wired to router, wired directly to the modem, and over wifi to router, this is not my issue, this is XFINITY problem at the node.
I do not want to speak to an agent, they know nothing, they have scripts and get nasty on the line if they aren't allowed to reboot a modem pointlessly because they don't even bother to open the bloody ticket to look that I have called numerous times and 3 tech been at my house and 2 tickets are open with the line tech group about a node issue.
No one can provide me with an ETA of repair and now the 2 tech and 1 supervisor which I have text's and called and left voice mail, basically are ignoring me and not helping.
I have been in IT, Computers and service for over 30 years, I am not your "basic tablet" user, I know and understand anything you can tell me, but your ignoring me because I ask the pertinent questions.
I am rather upset at the lack of communication, yet I continue to PAY MY BILL for what is basically NO SERVICE on your part.
I need NOT someone to give me platitudes over the phone an apologies for the lousy service I have been having,
I NEED someone that will bother to look into my problem, find the reason and answer and call me back with a " we shall get this fix by." and if there is a delay to call me back and provide me reason and new ETA.
https://i.imgur.com/MZHgNW2.png

Patrick Bureau
Expert

Re: UPSTREAM Speeds gone to ?

I'm going to try escalating your ongoing issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello pbureau. I can assist with troubleshooting your internet speed issues. I'd like to start with polling the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. I can also check your local Node/Plant for any degradation or error reports. Please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can access your equipment. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I have messaged you directly as directed and if possible as mentioned in my replied, email me directly.

I had to attempt postin g to you 6 times before the upload of a text message to you happened. 

Patrick Bureau