Community Forum

Two networks showing up on default gateway

Regular Visitor

Two networks showing up on default gateway

Hello everyone, I’ve got a strange issue going on that I’m hoping someone can assist with. I just recently moved into a new apartment, and service was working without issue for the first week or two. A couple days ago, all of the devices in my home started having connection issues. I went to log into the default gateway, but instead of my SSID there was a different one listed. This only happens about half the time however, and the other half of the time my SSID will show as its supposed to. That other SSID shows up in the available WiFi networks, albeit at a weak signal strength. Since each apartment is supposed to have its own dedicated line, I have no idea how this is happening. My only guess is that somehow the lines are getting crossed or there’s a single line supporting multiple apartments instead of each having a dedicated line and the data is getting confused on where to go. I’m assuming this issue is happening on this other person’s end as well since my devices are showing up as being connected to their gateway even though the only network I’m connected to is my own. Has anyone else had this happen to them, and if so is there a fix? I essentially have no internet at the moment due to these issues as I’m pretty sure the other user has paused my devices in their xFi settings. I called Comcast, but the rep had never heard of this happening. Apparently there was a software issue on their end recently that may be the cause of the problem, so he recommended I wait it out and call back if it doesn’t fix itself in the next few days at which point they’ll send a tech out to my residence. If at all possible I’d like to have this resolved without needing a tech, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Official Employee

Re: Two networks showing up on default gateway

Hi @Dmwheeler1

Thank you for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I can help investigate your WiFi issues. Can you please send me a private message with your first and last name? To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!