Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Trying to Self Install for the past two days. Can't get equipment or service to activate.

New Poster

Trying to Self Install for the past two days. Can't get equipment or service to activate.

I've done everything I've found troubleshoot wise online minus get a new coax cable. It won't go through. I'm not sure what to do and at this point am wondering why I even bought this. Even debated returning everything while glaring at the gateway a few times.

I rebooted it manually. I tried rebooting it via my latop but it says something went wrong. I keep trying to use the xfinity.com/reigster but at the very last step it says they cannot activate my services or the something went wrong then tells me to phone in the acivation. Am I missing something? Did I mess something up? I followed all instructions...

Expert

Re: Trying to Self Install for the past two days. Can't get equipment or service to activate.

If the online light on the modem is lit steadily call 1-800-comcast and tell the rep that you want to have your modem provisoned for service. Have the HFC / CM MAC address from the label handy when you call.