I recently moved into a new apartment (2 weeks ago), and established Blast! internet (150 mbs). We had issues from the start with establishing an internet connection. We would get a connection and then it would drop. The gateway we were using was brand new (Netgear C6250). I noticed that the gateway was able to lock all 16 downstream channels but was failing to lock any upstream channels. The few times it does, it only is able to lock onto one channel. We had a tech visit a few days after we moved in. He noted our exterior line in the box out back was hooked to an empty three-way coax splitter. He removed the splitter, also noted there was a "kink" in the line, and he was on his way. Whatever he did seemed to momentarily work as we had a solid lock on all up and downstream channels...for about 6 hours before the issues with dropping began again. A senior tech visited two days later and replaced all the exterior cabling on the building of my unit, and ran a new line into the coax hookup. He said they were pretty old lines and said it should be working now, and if not then the issue might be a faulty gateway. We had a solid connection for maybe another 6-8 hours before the same issues started again. I went and ordered another gateway from Amazon, (Motorola MG750) and connected it. Still had the same issues, I also tried a different coax cord than the one provided by my landlord as a hail mary, no difference. I have a tech visit soon but figured I'd post here as well since so far nobody can seem to figure out our internet issues. As of writing this, the Motorola gateway has a solid lock on all 16 downstream channels, but only one locked upstream channel. The connection has been stable since late last night. The outage map doesn't show any affecting my address either but several of the adjacent neighborhoods are noting issues, and the border their map shows for the neighborhoods butts up right against the edge of the street I'm on so I'm wondering if that issue could be affecting me somehow. Here are the pictures of the upstream and downstream levels. My knowledge is admittedly limited beyond knowing what up and downstream channels are but I figured someone may be able to help guide myself or even a tech as to what the possible issue is. I work remotely from home and require stable internet to do my work. And so far the tech visits haven't solved the issue.
Thanks for any input.
Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.
You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to them here.
Hmmmm.... The upstream power is good. All channels should be being locked.... There may be a hidden filter on the line somewhere that the techs are missing. I would get them involved again until it is fixed properly. Good luck !