Community Forum

Too Much Signal Power

Regular Visitor

Too Much Signal Power

I was recently got Xfinty's 150 mbps plan. I live in an old complex and tech ran 1 cable directly from box to my modem, no splitters. I'm getting about 180 mbps and really no issues. I had 1 day that speed dropped to 30 mbps and had crazy high latency. I reset the modem and it was fine. After this i reasearched a bit and found that my power seems to be out of spec. I have attached an image of current stats.

Is the power too high? Would adding a spliter help this? If so, what type of splitter. To confirm I only have internet, no TV.

https://ibb.co/Wc4Kgbp

Regular Visitor

Re: Too Much Signal Power

If image doesnt load, power for downsteam is abour +11 for all channels and SNR of 39.

Power for upstream is 40

Expert

Re: Too Much Signal Power

The downstream power is a little high, but it doesn't look really bad. Since you have a home run connection to your modem,  and you've only had to reboot your modem once, I wouldn't mess around with anything at this time. As they say, if it ain't broke...

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!