Community Forum

Terrible internet connections and reoccurring errors.

Highlighted
New Poster

Terrible internet connections and reoccurring errors.

I have always experienced lagging service with Comcast internet and gave it up for years. Unfortunately, my daughters school iPad can not connect to our ATT internet so I had to go back to Comcast. I am paying for the 200 mbps download speeds package and I am lucky if I get 8 mbps download speed on any tests I run. I even purchased a mesh system to try and aid in a stronger signal, but have had no luck.

I am using an xfinity approved cable modem Motorola MB7420 16x4 686 Mbps, DOCSIS 3.0
The most recent critical error I’m getting is “Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=00:40:36:49:3f:2d;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:a7:92:56;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

I seen a previous old thread that a Ken from Comcast helped solve for a woman with the same issues in her apartment complex. The only kicker is that four or five years ago when I was having so many issues Comcast said they replaced a faulty outside wire running into my house and had me continue using the signal booster and I believe that is what solved her issues so I am not sure what the problem may be.
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Terrible internet connections and reoccurring errors.

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; http://192.168.100.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

Is this with a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Terrible internet connections and reoccurring errors.

Hello,

I am trying to show you via pics, not sure if everyone can open this link so hopefully you can.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0JQKIDjvcZxbVlffxekWfvKXA