Community Forum

Terabyte Internet Data Usage

Expert

Re: Opinion: Comcast network is being intruded

@TibbieMom wrote:

This week was the first time we've ever received warning notices about our data usage. We're currently 248 GB over the monthly limit. Something is seriously wrong. Our monthy usage this year has been

Jan. 180 GB

Feb. 73 GB

Mar 113 GB

April 92 GB

May 395 GB

Jun 622 GB

Jul 1272 GB (so far this month)

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see there's a problem. We only have two adults in the home; we don't stream music, we don't play games. I called Comcast yesterday, and I was transferred to SEVEN DIFFERENT PEOPLE, for a total of two hours on one call. The last person I spoke with suggested I change my router login from the default, which I did. I also changed our wi-fi passwords and renamed the wi-fi networks. There were no strange devices showing on the gateway login page. In the past 24 hours, our usage went from 1196 GB to 1272 GB. 

I've read at least half of the 40 pages in this forum thread, and it couldn't be more clear that something is going on. Why aren't we getting any help from Comcast? They should be able to troubleshoot these data overages and solve the issue. We've been with them forever, so they should be able to figure this out. Can't they send someone out to troubleshoot this? One of the people I spoke with yesterday said they didn't have anyone to work on this type of issue. What?? 

Short of switching internet providers, I have no clue where to go from here. Can a Comcast person here please respond and help figure this out? 

have an HP printer? (I do but no issues). try unplugging it from power for two days and monitor usage. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

No, it's a Canon. 

Expert

@TibbieMom wrote:

No, it's a Canon. 

changed the wifi password (not giving it out to others but entering it yourself in any authorized devices?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@TibbieMom wrote:

No, it's a Canon. 

changed the wifi password (not giving it out to others but entering it yourself in any authorized devices?

Yes, those were changed, as well as renaming the network.

Expert

@TibbieMom wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TibbieMom wrote:

No, it's a Canon. 

do you have a desk/laptop that you leave on all the time? There might be a DDOS viris or mailer virus that sends out junk emails.

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@TibbieMom wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TibbieMom wrote:

No, it's a Canon. 

do you have a desk/laptop that you leave on all the time? There might be a DDOS viris or mailer virus that sends out junk emails.

Yes, I have a MacBook Pro. I close it at night but I don't shut it down. 

Expert

@TibbieMom wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TibbieMom wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TibbieMom wrote:

No, it's a Canon. 

might try shutting it down completely when not using for a few days at least and see if the major usage reduces. macs don't normally get virus last I read (it is rare)

Contributor

If your mac is new and/or you recently enabled iCloud or some other online-backup then that could be at least part of the reason for your increased usage.  You could try something like Little Snitch to try and track what is using your data.

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@TibbieMom wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TibbieMom wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@TibbieMom wrote:

No, it's a Canon. 

might try shutting it down completely when not using for a few days at least and see if the major usage reduces. macs don't normally get virus last I read (it is rare)

I'll do that tonight. Thx!

Contributor

@Kicken wrote:

If your mac is new and/or you recently enabled iCloud or some other online-backup then that could be at least part of the reason for your increased usage.  You could try something like Little Snitch to try and track what is using your data.

I bought it in January. It's the latest MacBook Pro running Sierra. I downloaded Little Snitch and checked everything it showed in the activity monitor. Nothing was running that shouldn't be. 

Contributor

Do you know of any way to contact someone at Comcast that can help with this? I understand we get two free months of overages, but my Devices page says, "You have been charged $70.00 for the additional data provided over your data usage plan." Usage now stands at 59 GB, just so far today. There are no strange devices showing on the Gateway Login page.

Gold Problem Solver

TibbieMom wrote: ... my Devices page says, "You have been charged $70.00 for the additional data provided over your data usage plan." ...

Please see https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/data-usage-plan/.

If this is the first time you've exceeded 1TB, a charge will appear on your bill but an equal credit will be applied as well, as shown in the second example under "Billing Cycle" on https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/data-usage-exceed-usage/.

... Do you know of any way to contact someone at Comcast that can help with this? ...

Comcast Security Assurance handles questions about excessive usage, although their response usually boils down to "You're on your own". You can call them at 1-877-807-6581 (from https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/do-not-see-usage-meter/).

Contributor

... Do you know of any way to contact someone at Comcast that can help with this? ...

Comcast Security Assurance handles questions about excessive usage, although their response usually boils down to "You're on your own". You can call them at 1-877-807-6581 (from https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet/do-not-see-usage-meter/).

Yes, I called them today after I spent over 30 mins with someone on online chat. The chat person transferred me to the data usage team (or whatever it's called), and after holding for 15 minutes, a lady came on and said I had the wrong department. She said she would transfer me to someone who could schedule an appt. to send someone for a service call. When she transferred me, the person who answered (whose English was barely understandable), said I needed to call the 800-COMCAST number to schedule. Is it any wonder why Comcast has one of the lowest customer satisfaction ratings in the US?

Expert

@TibbieMom wrote:

Do you know of any way to contact someone at Comcast that can help with this? I understand we get two free months of overages, but my Devices page says, "You have been charged $70.00 for the additional data provided over your data usage plan." Usage now stands at 59 GB, just so far today. There are no strange devices showing on the Gateway Login page.

try 888-565-4329 data security. Would you reply with how if at all they can help you determine what is using the data?

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

try 888-565-4329 data security. Would you reply with how if at all they can help you determine what is using the data?

I just googled that number, and there are reports that it's a scam number. :-/ 

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-888-565-4329

Also, I've just been able to schedule an appt. for Wednesday to have a tech come out - again with someone who barely spoke English. I had to ask him to repeat himself every time he asked me anything. 

Expert

FWIW, the number is legitimate and is for Comcast Security Assurance.  If you're having problems with data consumption, that is the number you need to call.

TibbieMom, the link/post you referenced at 800notes.com is 8 years old.

Gold Problem Solver

TibbieMom wrote: ... I just googled that number, and there are reports that it's a scam number. ...

For reference, see http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/.

Contributor

@Again wrote:

FWIW, the number is legitimate and is for Comcast Security Assurance.  If you're having problems with data consumption, that is the number you need to call.

TibbieMom, the link/post you referenced at 800notes.com is 8 years old.

OK, thx, I'll call them tomorrow. 

Contributor

Last night I shut down all computers and iPads, and disconnected the tv from the network. Usage before I shut everything down was 1350. First thing this morning, the usage is 1351. I'm wondering how a GB could have been used with nothing on the network?

Is it possible that a new router/modem could take care of the data issue?

Contributor

Comcast's meter isn't real-time.  That extra GB could have just been something used prior to you shutting everything down but just hadn't been accounted for yet in the tally when you checked.  Comcast allows for up to 24-hours before any usage is accounted for on their meter so you'd have to have everything off for at least that long to be certain. 

If you can afford the time, you could re-connect your devices one by one to try and determine what is using the data.  Check the meter, connect a device then wait a few hours or a day and check the meter again to see if the usage spiked.

Contributor

@Kicken wrote:

Comcast's meter isn't real-time.  That extra GB could have just been something used prior to you shutting everything down but just hadn't been accounted for yet in the tally when you checked.  Comcast allows for up to 24-hours before any usage is accounted for on their meter so you'd have to have everything off for at least that long to be certain. 

If you can afford the time, you could re-connect your devices one by one to try and determine what is using the data.  Check the meter, connect a device then wait a few hours or a day and check the meter again to see if the usage spiked.

Yes, I'm doing that today. 

New Poster

Data cap junk...

Trying to understand how a 1Gbps line has the same data cap as someone who only pays for 50Mbps... I truly do not understand the logic of these data caps aside from Comcast losing money to streaming services like Hulu and Netflix, so they want to make it harder on you.

I really do not understand all speeds share the same data cap limits. Especially for the 1Gbps service.

New Poster

Re: Terabyte Internet Data Usage

REMOVED DUPLICATE

Contributor

Re: Data cap junk...

@echodreamz wrote:

Trying to understand how a 1Gbps line has the same data cap as someone who only pays for 50Mbps... I truly do not understand the logic of these data caps aside from Comcast losing money to streaming services like Hulu and Netflix, so they want to make it harder on you.

I really do not understand all speeds share the same data cap limits. Especially for the 1Gbps service.

They want their $50 extra, regardless of tier.

But theoretically using up your cap in 2 hours is awesome, right?

Contributor

@dudeinco wrote:

They want their $50 extra, regardless of tier.

But theoretically using up your cap in 2 hours is awesome, right?

My husband is already looking into switching to ATT. If the tech can't solve the problem on Wednesday, the only call Comcast will get from me is to disconnect service. Not that they would care or anything....

Regular Contributor

Roku using to much comcast data

Yes,  I watched more video/shows in the last month 238 GB.    I know I didn't watch that much or download big files.   I have an old tv,  so I don't need the HD settings at all.    Roku claims the bit rate won't work but others claim it will.   One person said he set the bit rate to 0.3 mps and it worked for him.   So who is correct?  Also, is there a way to limit speed using wifi router?   So, do I need to keep roku uplugged when not in use?  Thank You.

New Poster

Why Did My Data Usage Increase?

Comcast recently increased my download speed from 25MB to 55MB.  My average daily data consumption immediately jumped 50% . . . from an average of around 14GB per day to an average of around 21GB per day with no discernible changes in behavior on my side.  I'm not in danger of hitting the 1TB data limit . . . at least not yet . . . but I have no idea why that happened.  Thoughts?

Contributor

Here is my problem with the way you work (comcast).

You are double dipping the customers. You are charging us for the speed of our access and then you are charging us again for the amount of data we use. Honestly you should pick one or the other as long as you want to take a more metered approach. Either charge us for the speed of the connection or charge us for the data we consume, but not BOTH.

Second I pay for a higher speed plan, but the data cap is the same across all plans except the gigabit and fiber connections. You are saying that you want to be current with the times, but with 4k streaming more popular than ever and continueing to grow that 1TB data cap becomes even more reachable to your average consumer. 

Next lets talk about your $50 charge for unlimited data. Do you really feel that is a reasonable charge? I think paying 50% more per month for the ability to fully use my connection is straight out robbery. You are nickel and diming your customers to death already and now you are also driving the nails into our coffins.

Do you know why people are using you? I can tell you why. There are little to no options for most people. DSL is decent, but has its own issues and some people don't even have that as an option. Satellite while available pretty much everywhere is slow and plagued with high latency issues. You will not have another cable provider in a comcast territory so that is out. So basically you are the only real show in town and are using that to bleed your customers. How many of us do you think will be around once fiber is more accessible? I know I have 2 providers that are extremely close to having fiber in my area.. the best think about that is I can get a 1gb sysmetrical connection with NO data cap for less than I am giving you now for my Extreme 350 plan.

I that you are just trying to money grab as long as possible before either the FCC steps in or the fiber providers finally bring cheap internet access to the majority of your consumer base. Your Docsis 3.1 is terribly slow on reaching the masses, your 4k content is non-existant and on top of that your prices are terrible. So basically your customers are forced to stream their 4k content and are being penalized for it.

There is good news atleast with the removal of exclusive access to premium channels I can atleast get all my premium channels from Amazon Prime Video for a fraction of what I pay you for them.. too bad you are using the data caps to penalize people for it.

If you are reading this thread and are fed up with these practices I would recommend you drop an email to the FCC with your concerns and frustrations. Comcast is always in a state of walking that narrow line and should be called to the table for it. If/when you have a better solution in your area do like I am and speak with your wallet. Companies like this do not diserve to stay in business and it is high time that the american people make it known.

Expert

@Tgrable1 wrote:

Here is my problem with the way you work (comcast).

You are double dipping the customers. You are charging us for the speed of our access and then you are charging us again for the amount of data we use. Honestly you should pick one or the other as long as you want to take a more metered approach. Either charge us for the speed of the connection or charge us for the data we consume, but not BOTH.

<snip>.

As a customer I can't follow your logic. You get what you pay for. your paid service without the unlimited plan is Internet access with a 'speed limit' (rate) and 1 TB of data. They offer another tier of unlimited data that is under $2/day. not sure why you don't jump on that plan.

Contributor

@TibbieMom wrote:

My husband is already looking into switching to ATT. If the tech can't solve the problem on Wednesday, the only call Comcast will get from me is to disconnect service. Not that they would care or anything....

==================================

So...the tech came out and said he couldn't solve this type of problem. When I made the appointment, explaining about the data overages, the guy taking the info said, "OK, so your internet's not working, right?" Seriously? That wasn't even close to what I described to him. Because I knew he didn't understand the problem, I also knew the wrong type of tech would be sent out. Yep, I was right. 

The tech gave me a number to call that he said was a direct line to Tier 3 service. It requires a one-time, 15-digit ID number, which he gave me. Since I didn't expect a tech to have been told what the real problem was, it wasn't his fault he couldn't solve the issue. I called the number, and the person I spoke to said she'd have to "ask around" to see if anyone in her office knew anything about data overages. :-/ 

The person she transferred me to wanted me to do all the troubleshooting I'd done with the previous 10 people. I told him sorry, not doing it again. He said there was nothing he could do about data overages, and he reminded me that we get two free months of data overages. Yeah, that helps, when we're still using 30-50 GB per day. (Please note the sarcasm.)

Contributor

I understand the frustration TibbieMom. I have no idea why my service meters 50-70 GB per day. However, I connected my equipment to Comcast service with no connection to my internal network.my service meter did not move. Once I connected a computer or tablet, my router detected DoS from Comcast DNS1 and DNS2. I also experienced other DoS errors, such as port scans. I do not believe my problem is a Comcast issue. It seems my network router (Netgear c3700-100nas) may be experiencing some translation issues. Not sure why. I didn't have this problem until I moved to Blast! October 2016. Formerly I used 150-200 GB max per month. I've been with Comcast since they purchased ATT Broadband in 2001. I've owned 4 cable modems. D-Link, Netgear, Netgear, and Arris. Never experienced a nightmare like the one I'm experiencing now. So I continue to use the service like one uses a toaster. After I use the internet, I shut it down 2-3 days at a time. Not pretty. But Comcast is not the reason for my problem. I just don't know how to solve this one yet. By the way: I'm a career IT person. I manage our workplace network. My home network uses more traffic than the 100 workstations simultaneously connected to the internet. I'm going to monitor traffic with Wireshark or Spiceworks Network monitor. I'll let you know what happens. AWB
Contributor

@AWBolden wrote:
I understand the frustration TibbieMom. I have no idea why my service meters 50-70 GB per day. However, I connected my equipment to Comcast service with no connection to my internal network.my service meter did not move. Once I connected a computer or tablet, my router detected DoS from Comcast DNS1 and DNS2. I also experienced other DoS errors, such as port scans. I do not believe my problem is a Comcast issue. It seems my network router (Netgear c3700-100nas) may be experiencing some translation issues. Not sure why. I didn't have this problem until I moved to Blast! October 2016. Formerly I used 150-200 GB max per month. I've been with Comcast since they purchased ATT Broadband in 2001. I've owned 4 cable modems. D-Link, Netgear, Netgear, and Arris. Never experienced a nightmare like the one I'm experiencing now. So I continue to use the service like one uses a toaster. After I use the internet, I shut it down 2-3 days at a time. Not pretty. But Comcast is not the reason for my problem. I just don't know how to solve this one yet. By the way: I'm a career IT person. I manage our workplace network. My home network uses more traffic than the 100 workstations simultaneously connected to the internet. I'm going to monitor traffic with Wireshark or Spiceworks Network monitor. I'll let you know what happens. AWB

I'm certainly not an IT person, but isn't that part of what we pay Comcast for? Shouldn't they be able to solve problems like this? Even if you had to pay for a service call, it would be worth it to get things fixed. 

We haven't changed a thing in our viewing habits or computer use since May, when these overages started doubling exponentially each month. We don't play games, we don't stream music. We watch the occasional Netflix movie, but we've always done that. 

Another good thing about switching to ATT is they don't have a data cap. We're also in the 2% of our city where ATT uses fiber. Could it be because we're maybe 2 miles from Google? ;-) 

I do wish you the best, and I hope you're able to figure out what's eating all your data usage. 

Highlighted
Contributor

You people say you can't figure this out. Well, I figured it out fairly simply. It's called "SCAM" and if they think I'm going to pay them for more data they're crazy. I will simply deduct it from my bill. Pure and simple. Sue me for the difference. From Jan-May my data usage averaged 51.6 GB, that's GB, per month. Then all of a sudden, with no changes except for a new modem which they came out an installed, my June data usage jumped to 1101gb. Nothing changed on my end. I've been all through customer support which is one of the biggest jokes that has ever been perpetrated on mankind. They are impossible to understand. I want someone who can speak ENGLISH that you can understand, not someone in India, Pakistan or some other seaport. Totally rediculous.The last one I attempted to communicate with said he would have someone call me about it. Yeah, right. Still waiting for that call.  So, that being said, here's the deal. We are being led to believe that all of us are "in that 1% of Comcast customers who will be effected by the 1TB data cap". Give me a break. This is, pure and simple, a scam for them to get more $$$$ out of you. Well, it's not going to work with me because I'm not using that much data. This month, July, I'm already up to 744GB as of the 27th. And that's after purposely being on the internet even less than I normally am. All we do, just my wife and I, are surf the net, looke at Facebook and listen to a few YouTube files. We don't play games, have never watch a movie on the computer, don't download huge files. nada, nada. So they can take there 1TB data cap and stick it where the sun don't shine. I didn't even know they had a data cap until June and I don't think I ever received a notice that they were going to have one and I'm not sure it's entirely legal to arbitrarily just start one out of the blue.  Just my 2c. 

Oh, by the way, I'm definitely not a Comcast employee. Never have been and certainly never will be. These people are KROOKS, with a capital K and that's worse than being a simple crook. 

Expert

why not try using a comcast modem/gateway as a test to see if same usage develops?

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

why not try using a comcast modem/gateway as a test to see if same usage develops?

I've always had Comcast's modem/gateway. There are too many customers with the same problem for Comcast to continue ignoring it. This morning our usage is sitting at 1456. And the month's not even over yet. What could the two of us possibly be doing to use so much data? Here's a quick look at how our data usage has changed since April and May. Yet Comcast says they have no way of telling what's using all that data. Once we're set up with ATT, I plan to document all that's happened with this experience, including all the lame customer service conversations. I'm sure Facebook, Twitter and Reddit users will find it interesting. Hopefully they'll see it for what it is - a huge word of warning in case anyone is considering using Comcast.

IMG_0206.PNG
Contributor

Be careful - AT&T is known for copying every evil thing every other evil company does (e.g. Verizon):

(in Verizon's defense, they took the high road so far)

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/u-verse-high-speed-internet/KM1010099

If you are getting the 1000 plan, that looks like they haven't played with caps there... yet...

Regular Contributor

TibbieMom

I think it could be the youtube app-even when its not on or inuse or wifi devices data beeing read incorrectly.  I havent verfired it yet.  I just did a test last night.   I used  14GB when it shoud of been just 4GB.  I only watch a few youtube clips & two movie all should of been SD formart using the roku.  It could of been up to 8GB if the roku still sees the hd signal.   I don't have an hd tv.    What you can do about  youtube is remove the app.   If you can't remove from your device,  you can disable it in the settings, ignore the warning & yes let it uninstall the updates to youtube.    You can still you use youtube by using the chrome browser & going to mobile site of youtube.  Otherwise, comcast is possibly misreading all the wifi devices & possible doubling or trippling the data thats its seeing.  I am not saying that comcast is doing it on purpose but theyneed to have it checked out.   Computers can make mistake becuase its a person who programs it.   I still haven't verfied what the cause is.  Thats why I haven't conntected comcast support yet.

Contributor

@grday2 wrote:

TibbieMom

I think it could be the youtube app-even when its not on or inuse or wifi devices data beeing read incorrectly.  

I don't have the youtube app on my Mac. :-/

Regular Contributor

As I said I suspect two causes youtube app or comcast not reading the data correctly from wifi connections.

Is your computer hooked by wifi?  If so, disable it & use ethernet if possible.   Also if any device including phone & tablets most have the youtube app installed.  That needs to be disabled or removed.   

I don't think the following is the problem.   You might want to change the router password in case there is a stray/hidden device connected to it.

I wouldn't be suprised if comcast computer is reading the data sent incorrectly.

Contributor

I changed router and wi-fi passwords last week. I also renamed my wi-fi network.

Regular Contributor

As I said in another post.   I am thinking of going with my theory that any device connected via wifi,  the data being read is being doubled or trippled it by acceident.     The reason there is lot of reports that have higher data usage but the same amount of useage.  If possible on computers & tablets use ethernet connection if possible and disable wifi.   This would be advice for everyone.   I will be limiting my roku usage until comcast fixes this issue.   I will do some further testings first.

Contributor

Our modem is upstairs, and we spend 99% of our time downstairs. Ethernet is not doable.

Contributor

Wireless or wired. Same results for me. I wired my house with Cat 5E some years ago. I have Cisco and Netgear switches. But unfortunately I still use the service as a toaster. Eventually I will solve this problem with Comcast or a competitor. Comcast is under no obligation to help me with my internal network problems, although the problems suddenly appeared in October 2016. In this sense, it's my responsibility to solve the internal problems of my network, even though they didn't exist the previous 15 years. Except for the 4 months Jan-Apr 2017 where my router showed absolutely zero DoS attacks, my usage has been Nov 1700gb, Dec 1300gb, Jan 1gb, Feb 1gb, Mar 1gb, Apr 19gb, may 776gb June 1031gb July 732gb. I have not connected for 1 week. But i will refuse to pay for another overage. Except for my two Neighbors who work for Comcast, the rest have left for the competitors. I am one of the few on my block who remains. For now. AWB
Expert

@AWBolden wrote:
Wireless or wired. Same results for me. I wired my house with Cat 5E some years ago. I have Cisco and Netgear switches. But unfortunately I still use the service as a toaster. Eventually I will solve this problem with Comcast or a competitor. Comcast is under no obligation to help me with my internal network problems, although the problems suddenly appeared in October 2016. In this sense, it's my responsibility to solve the internal problems of my network, even though they didn't exist the previous 15 years. Except for the 4 months Jan-Apr 2017 where my router showed absolutely zero DoS attacks, my usage has been Nov 1700gb, Dec 1300gb, Jan 1gb, Feb 1gb, Mar 1gb, Apr 19gb, may 776gb June 1031gb July 732gb. I have not connected for 1 week. But i will refuse to pay for another overage. Except for my two Neighbors who work for Comcast, the rest have left for the competitors. I am one of the few on my block who remains. For now. AWB

your own router or Comcast?

Contributor

@Rustyben wrote:

@AWBolden wrote:

your own router or Comcast?

Thank you for asking that question. I received an Arris from Comcast and used that in November 1700 GB and December 1300 GB.  I purchased my own Arris AR TG862G in December and changed it to bridge mode, returning to my Netgear c3700-100NAS I had purchased in November 2014. So no issues until May when my usage seemed to escalate and I started to receive extranneous DoS attacks in my log and the usage escalated to 776 GB. In June after averaging 40GB per day in the first 10 days, I have been using my device as a toaster. Unfortunately I left the toaster connected on June 30 and went 6 GB over. So I had to pay for overage.  It's not going to happen again. I unplug the devices from the network until they positively, absolutely need to be connected. I average 40 GB per 64-6 hours usage. 1 device.  I'm stuck at 732, and will not reconnect until I need it or Tuesday August 1. In the meantime, I will be testing the throughput from the devices. Too many times I have talked to "tech support", "higher level tech support", "call these experts", to no avail.  It is not Comcast's job to troubleshoot my internal network anyway. When I find the problem, I will share it with the forum.  AWB

Silver Problem Solver

Omigod!  I never considered a DDOS causing the excess usage people are experiencing.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Expert

@RobertWy wrote:

Omigod!  I never considered a DDOS causing the excess usage people are experiencing.

How about ARP, DNS, DHCP, and other incidental background traffic. It's all counted...

Contributor

Again. Never had this problem before October 2016.  Usage averaged 50-125 GB per month using Performance Starter.  September 2016 before Blast! I had a high month at 150 GB.  I changed to Blast! in October 2016 and it shot up to 1.7 TB in November. Strange.

@EG wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

How about ARP, DNS, DHCP, and other incidental background traffic. It's all counted...

Expert

@AWBolden wrote:

Again. Never had this problem before October 2016.  

@EG wrote:

@RobertWy wrote:

I'm not doubting you. Only adding to what RobertWy said about DDoS traffic.

Contributor

I don't belive this is true DDoS.  That's what the routers are detecting, though.