Community Forum

Terabyte Internet Data Usage

Regular Contributor

Re: The DATA CAP MEGA THREAD....post data cap questions or comments here.

@faxfrustration wrote:

I had the EXTREME pleasure of being able to call Comcast and cancel my service TODAY now that my AT&T GigaPower fiber is installed. The service representative asked me why I was cancelling (being a customer since 2006) and I politely told him because I was very unhappy about their unrealistic data caps and how they rolled them out in "test" markets. I told him I felt that Comcast was using monopolistic strategies to keep people from leaving cable TV for their streaming competition (Netflix, Hulu, SlingTV, etc). I told him that up until this past week I did not have a choice but as of this past week I did!  It was so freeing to tell him the deal I got with AT&T was so much better than what Comcast gives me (Gigabit speed and a reasonable 1TB data cap) and a cheaper price. He tried to offer me something else (much slower) and told me about the unlimited data option, however, AT&T was still cheaper and I told him that Comcast has left such a bad taste in my mouth that even if they could beat the offer by AT&T, I wouldn't stay with Comcast....

By the way, I also filed a complaint with the FCC (I told the Comcast Rep. that as well) and the FCC said I would receive a call from Comcast (which never happened). I encourage all of you to file a complaint if for any other reason than to let Comcast know you are serious and to make your voice known in an "official" capacity.

Folks...I know many of you are still trapped by the monopoly known as Comcast but keep the faith...other options are rolling out...

No other options in Miami, Fl. I even called ATT after receiving a promo email about their GigaPower but my area is Comcast land

New Poster

Data caps

So even though I pay for cable along with my internet I also get punished for people who just pay for Internet and watch Netflix. Looks like I may be moving to AT&T and DirecTV.
Administrator
New Poster

Can anyone tell me how for 3 years we've never gone above 180GB of data then this month Comcast says we've used 350GB? We've done nothing differently. We don't download anything, we watch netflix occasionally, FB on our phones and normal usage things like that. How is it possible? And conveniently they have no way of explaining to me where all this extra data is going. THEY HAVE NO PROOF, YET WE HAVE TO PAY THEM???  Over twice as much data as I've EVER used. I cannot understand how they can charge me for services without any kind of proof that my home used them. We have 1 laptop in our home that's rarely ever used, 1 tablet barely used, netflix barely used(once or twice a week), 1 PC that's mainly used for music recording and they say we've used 350GB??? To put this in perspective my boss who lives 2 miles from me has 10 PCs running virtually around the clock and has never touched 300GB with comcast's main non-dish competitor. And neither have I for over 3 years ever used anywhere close to that much data. Yet when I call to find out if something's wrong, all I'm met with is "it must be something you're doing/we're never wrong" type attitude. Been a loyal customer paying around $250/month for over 3 years. I guess another company might appreciate my $9000 more.

Sincerely,

Confused and upset

Expert
Moved:

Contributor

Your "moved" thread link doesn't work. Sends me to a page saying "access denied".

Bronze Problem Solver

@KeenanSR wrote:

Your "moved" thread link doesn't work. Sends me to a page saying "access denied".

Yes access denied because the post was removed,deleted to an area not accessable unless your a mod.. 

Contributor

@Jim721 wrote:

@KeenanSR wrote:

Yes access denied because the post was removed,deleted to an area not accessable unless your a mod.. 

Okay, I see, I misunderstood the post, I thought the thread itself was moved. Thanks!

Expert

Yes exactly. It's not supposed to. Your duplicate and triplicate postings were removed to a special board made for this purpose (being out of public view) which does not have public access.

[Edit]

Disregard the above. I posted it before seeing the replies.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@thebaldchef wrote:

Can anyone tell me how for 3 years we've never gone above 180GB of data then this month Comcast says we've used 350GB? We've done nothing differently. We don't download anything, we watch netflix occasionally, FB on our phones and normal usage things like that. How is it possible? And conveniently they have no way of explaining to me where all this extra data is going. THEY HAVE NO PROOF, YET WE HAVE TO PAY THEM???  Over twice as much data as I've EVER used. I cannot understand how they can charge me for services without any kind of proof that my home used them. We have 1 laptop in our home that's rarely ever used, 1 tablet barely used, netflix barely used(once or twice a week), 1 PC that's mainly used for music recording and they say we've used 350GB??? To put this in perspective my boss who lives 2 miles from me has 10 PCs running virtually around the clock and has never touched 300GB with comcast's main non-dish competitor. And neither have I for over 3 years ever used anywhere close to that much data. Yet when I call to find out if something's wrong, all I'm met with is "it must be something you're doing/we're never wrong" type attitude. Been a loyal customer paying around $250/month for over 3 years. I guess another company might appreciate my $9000 more.

Sincerely,

Confused and upset

Here is another very strange thing. We went to sleep early last night around 10:30PM. Last time we used internet was around 8:00PM.

This morning I find the internet data usage from Jan 1st thru Jan 1st already at 6 GBs...

Tell me how we used 6 GBs when all computers were off from 8:00PM on Dec 31 to now???

Contributor

Re: I just hit the 300GB limit without doing much

So, "comcast" has disregared the 1st Amendment and chose not to post my comment because I, lord forbid, DISPARREGED them in a post on this forum. I called the com"something", with an ASTERISK mind you so, they censored my post. We'll see if this post makes it this time. So oh COMCAST, won't you let me post something on this forum which doesn't paint you in such a pretty picture? Oh please, oh PLEASE allow me to post something critical on your forum. Pretty please? If not, you can best belive I will post evidence of their thievery and underhanded practices on DSL reports.

First of all, tell me how it's fair that we should be "charged" for a download that has a "hiccup" where you have to start the download again? For example, let's say your DLing a 100mb file (which in "comcast" math means about 250mb) but for whatever reason, whether it be a skipped heartbeat on your router, or a mishap on there's, it fails and you have to start that DL again. How is that fair??

Second of all, above I said THEIVERY very delibertely. On NYE, I was downloading a few files and made note on of my guage which said 281gb. Later on in the evening I noticed, it still said 281. The next morning, I login and it said 11gb so far for January. But December was still at 281gb. WHAT??? Tell me how that is not the equivelent of price gauging??

Somebody that understands this better explain to me how this is fair.

Contributor

Re: How to stop Comcast limite usage rule

@upsetuserpissed wrote:

How can we stop / fight against Compast new usage limit rule?

There was not such a rule when I started the service. I don't agree with it.

FYI.

No you cannot fight

Stay under the limit

Change provider

If your answer is one of the above. Save it for yourself. Well I will change provider once Google is in my area.

I couldn't agree more. How is it that com"cast" can circumvent FCC rules:

• No Blocking: broadband providers may not block access to legal content, applications, services, or non-harmful devices.
  • No Throttling: broadband providers may not impair or degrade lawful Internet traffic on the basis of content, applications, services, or non-harmful devices.
  • No Paid Prioritization: broadband providers may not favor some lawful Internet traffic over other lawful traffic in exchange for consideration of any kind—in other words, no "fast lanes." This rule also bans ISPs from prioritizing content and services of their affiliates.

Title II of the Communications Act and Section 706 of the Telecommunications Act of 1996.

Contributor

Re: How to stop Comcast limite usage rule

Just a note, the 1st ammendment doesn't apply to a private forum, which this is. You have to abide by the forum rules as far as language goes. Just saying.

Had to laugh when I got an email a few days ago from Comcast stating how much better they are than Google fiber will be when they finish installing it in Atlanta. Comcast brags about all the channels they have but if you look a lot of them are duplicates with one on the under 100 channel section, the same channel in the 100-299 range and, sometimes an HD version in the HD channel section. So, same channel with the same content counted 2 and 3 times....shrugs.

Regular Contributor

@thebaldchef wrote:

Sincerely,

Confused and upset

Same here, in fact in December I used slightly less internet and played more bluray movies and still, somehow, I far exceeded data usage from the month of November by over 100 GB

Contributor

@mannee68 wrote:

So, "comcast" has disregared the 1st Amendment and chose not to post my comment because I, lord forbid, DISPARREGED them in a post on this forum. I called the com"something", with an ASTERISK mind you so, they censored my post. We'll see if this post makes it this time. So oh COMCAST, won't you let me post something on this forum which doesn't paint you in such a pretty picture? Oh please, oh PLEASE allow me to post something critical on your forum. Pretty please? If not, you can best belive I will post evidence of their thievery and underhanded practices on DSL reports.

First of all, tell me how it's fair that we should be "charged" for a download that has a "hiccup" where you have to start the download again? For example, let's say your DLing a 100mb file (which in "comcast" math means about 250mb) but for whatever reason, whether it be a skipped heartbeat on your router, or a mishap on there's, it fails and you have to start that DL again. How is that fair??

Second of all, above I said THEIVERY very delibertely. On NYE, I was downloading a few files and made note on of my guage which said 281gb. Later on in the evening I noticed, it still said 281. The next morning, I login and it said 11gb so far for January. But December was still at 281gb. WHAT??? Tell me how that is not the equivelent of price gauging??

Somebody that understands this better explain to me how this is fair.

Not only on here, but on Twitter too......a few weeks ago Comcast sent me n email with a link to Twitter asking for my feedback .........so naturally I was goin to give them my feedback alright, but as soon as I typed either "internet" or "caps" "capped" n even the # "300" the Send button dissapeared ....lol

Am  gonna alert Donald Trump to this since he's always on Twitter n hates injustices 

If this thread is moved, the few that got to read it know why!

Contributor

Do the courtesy overages ever reset (like per year) or is 3 all you get for the lifetime of your prison sentence?

Bronze Problem Solver

Only three times in your entire sentence so be careful... 

Contributor

Does anyone know anybody who uses less than the 300 gb limit?

I'm going to ask my sainted mother who streams nothing and see what her usage is.

I've already used 100GB in 4 days according to Comcast.  There's just no way that's accurate.

Frequent Visitor

I used 142GB in December (102GB the first 3 days), 295 in October and 350 in November.  Exchanged the Comcast wireless modem, turned wireless on that off and started using MAC filtering on my wireless router.  Not sure what worked but something did. 

Contributor

There is something going on with Comcast's meter.  My mother who only checks email and infrequent websites usage is

Oct - 23GB

Nov - 27GB

Dec - 101GB (274% increase)

4 days in Jan 22GB

I wish I wouldn't have asked her, now she's going to worry about Comcast raising her rate too.  :-( 

Regular Contributor

87 GB since Jan 1, and I have been at work most of the day with just some Netflix streaming at night...Something is not right

Frequent Visitor

I live in Little Rock, which was recently hit with data caps. As luck would have it, my son came home from college for the holidays at about the same time I started getting messages from Comcast saying I was close to exceeding the 300 GB limit. My son is a 22-year-old, so that didn't surprise me.

A new billing cycle started on January 1, 2016, and when I checked my account, it reflected that I had consumed close to 140 GB in nine days. Again, I guess I can blame it on my son. I thought I'd check Comcast's "Data Usage Meter" and it didn't even show my usage for January. That's a HUGE problem. If I am going to be charged extra money, I have a right to know exactly what I'm being charged for - and the "meter" had better be up-to-date. 

I have several other very big beefs with Comcast regarding data caps.

• Number one:  I have no alternatives. Comcast is the only option in my area for high speed internet.  No choice is NEVER a good thing.
  • Number two: Targeting vulnerable regions. Comcast has introduced data caps to regions that either have little competition or are similarly handicapped. Arkansas is 48th in the nation for broadband connectivity. Part of that is because there are large areas that aren't serviced by anyone. Part of it is because we're a poor state - many Arkansans cannot afford it. The median income of Arkansans is $41,262, compared to the U.S. median income of $53,657.
  • Number three: Comcast's CEO had the audacity to compare consumption of data to that of gasoline or electricity (especially since the cable companies are screaming that they don't want to be regulated like a public utility). I know exactly how much gasoline I put in my car when I fill it up. If I need one gallon of gas, I put one gallon in my car.  If I need 10 gallons, I can put 10 gallons in my tank. If I don't need 10 gallons, I don't pay for 10 gallons. It's the same with electricity.  I get charged for what I use. The electricity company does not charge me $300 a month ($300 being my highest bill for the year, always in January or February), just in case I need that much for the month.  I am NOT going to pay $35 extra dollars per month, every month, just to cover those times my son is home from college. My average monthly consumption of data is less than 30 GB. If heavy consumption of data is a REAL problem, shouldn't I get rewarded for not consuming? Wouldn't it make sense to give us light weights a rebate? 

No need for a response from the moderator. I just want it known that, in my opinion, the high-speed internet providers that are introducing (ridiculously low) data caps are anti-consumer, anti-small business, and anti-American.

Contributor

This is an excellent post.  I think you should file a complain at the FCC.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Actually, I have written the FCC, FTC, and my state's Attorney General. Nothing will come of it. Comcast responded to my FCC complaint by stating that, in a nutshell, they have FCC's blessing. Broadband companies are interpreting their status as "telecommunications companies" to mean that they can cap their data just like mobile carriers. There's something terribly wrong with our country if we have been pushed to do virtually everything online, have become totally dependent upon the internet, only to have all the rules change. If that is the case, eventually the only people who will be able to afford the internet will be the 1%.

Problem Solver

A lot of websites stream videos without even asking. I changed Flash from "Always Activate" to "Ask to Activate". Some websites that used to bog down now run normally. If you visit enough websites that are streaming videos wouldn't that make some difference in your data usage each month?

BTW, my data usage is already 60GB. I normally average between 30-40GB per month. I am not surprised by the increase since I downloaded two games last week that totaled 35GB.

Contributor

Well good news for me, the crew is in my neighborhood marking utilities today, they say AT&T fiber will be installed starting this Friday.  I see now why I'm in the "trial zone" for Comcast.

Since Comcast unilaterally changed my contracted price, I'll be canceling my contract with them at my earliest opportinity - in accordance with their terms and condtions.

Frequent Visitor

Data Usage

I like to know how Comcast comes up with what data usage, and how it is calibrated. We have 4 computers and 3 smart devices connected in which at least 3 of them is streaming UHD and HD movies. I turned everything off at 6:30 AM on the 2nd of January turned back on after 12 noon the next day upon looking at my data usage I notice that that 3 GB were used during this time the wireless gateway was off so no one was piggy-backing my internet service there was no smart devices or computers on nor was the gateway so how did my account get the 3 GB used.

Contributor

@H8Datacaps wrote:

Well good news for me, the crew is in my neighborhood marking utilities today, they say AT&T fiber will be installed starting this Friday.  I see now why I'm in the "trial zone" for Comcast.

Since Comcast unilaterally changed my contracted price, I'll be canceling my contract with them at my earliest opportinity - in accordance with their terms and condtions.

What's AT&T's cap? Do they have caps?

Contributor

@Dragrazor wrote:

@H8Datacaps wrote:

What's AT&T's cap? Do they have caps?

My new GigaPower service with AT&T has a datacap of 1TB. I think other packages have 250GB. However, my AT&T installer said he didn't know of anytime they have "enforced" it or charged anyone for going over.

Contributor

Detalis aren't on their website that I can find but a Google search shows that folks that have it say 1 TB is capped then $10 add'l per GB up to $30 max additional charge.

Contributor

@H8Datacaps wrote:

Detalis aren't on their website that I can find but a Google search shows that folks that have it say 1 TB is capped then $10 add'l per GB up to $30 max additional charge.

I am prepared to pay the overages past 1TB with AT&T because I agreed to them when I signed up for service...unlike Comcast who automatically made me part of their 'test' market.  Not only that, 1TB is a much more reasonable datacap for this day and age unlike 300GB from Comcast.

Contributor

@faxfrustration wrote:

@H8Datacaps wrote:

I am prepared to pay the overages past 1TB with AT&T because I agreed to them when I signed up for service...unlike Comcast who automatically made me part of their 'test' market.  Not only that, 1TB is a much more reasonable datacap for this day and age unlike 300GB from Comcast.

I totally agree with you.  Unilaterally raising my contract price has put such a bad taste in my mouth that I'll switch the moment I can and I'll never go back.  Not the way to treat a customer.  If they wanted to raise it, raise it at contract expiration, not in the middle of the contract.  

And the AT&T is cheaper, with 1TB limit (or $30 more for unlimited) for much faster speed.  

Regular Visitor

I bought like 3 games on sale and can't even download them or I'll go over my 300GB not even halfway into the month. And there are 3 others in the house that use the internet too.

Regular Contributor

AT&T 1TB plan is not available in all areas. Some of us have no choice but being ruled and manipulated by this system

Contributor

@Rocky3rd wrote:

AT&T 1TB plan is not available in all areas. Some of us have no choice but being ruled and manipulated by this system

1 TIG = 1000 GB?

Contributor

@Dragrazor wrote:

@Rocky3rd wrote:

1 TIG = 1000 GB?

1 TB (Terabyte) = 1,000 GB

New Poster

Im experiencing the same as many,

last month i was a week on vacation and right after getting back home i got the overage warning.

this promted me to start looking closely to the traffic monitor of my ONLY router at home that controls all the access to my network. What a surprise! The gap between Comcast data monitor and my traffic monitor is of over 60%!

ive already opened two complains at Comcast and the "robo clerks" that pick uf the calls at the user security department only gave vague justifications to the variance. They even checked that the MAC address of my cable moden was in their system and of course it was the right one.

ive requested a daily report of my consumption and i was told They are unable to ptovide it (how is possible that a 200 bucks Asus home router is able to provide a real time report, last 24 hrs re

port and a last 30 days daily report and Comcast CANT...)

i tried turning my devices off for a day BUT Comcast counter keept increasing while my traffic monitors showed that my consumption went down....

somebody posted about a complained filled to FCC, how that can be done?

im afraid Comcast refuses to pay attention to their paying customers.

New Poster

Do you have cellular phones that connect to your network? My iphone backs up everything to icloud every night at about 2 a.m. That can be substantial. There are apps that connect automatically and push  notifications and the like. So, there are many reasons you might have data being used while you sleep. See if your wireless router can monitor and record your data traffic. That can tell you a lot. 

All that said, I have written Comcast my last check as of yesterday. Next weekend I will have Fiber Optic 250 mbps, no data cap. Considering comcasts cap and the fact that my speeds have been only roughly 10 mbps (down from 25 a few months ago) I am looking forward to the switch.

Contributor

@byebyexfinity wrote:

Do you have cellular phones that connect to your network? My iphone backs up everything to icloud every night at about 2 a.m. That can be substantial. There are apps that connect automatically and push  notifications and the like. So, there are many reasons you might have data being used while you sleep. See if your wireless router can monitor and record your data traffic. That can tell you a lot. 

All that said, I have written Comcast my last check as of yesterday. Next weekend I will have Fiber Optic 250 mbps, no data cap. Considering comcasts cap and the fact that my speeds have been only roughly 10 mbps (down from 25 a few months ago) I am looking forward to the switch.

How much will you be paying?

New Poster

So I noticed this for the first time today.  My first thought... "Since when???" when the lovely pop up notified me that I was at 90%.  One video later it was 100%.  One later it was 110%.  Obviously, since I stream video, connect all of my wireless divices, and use my desktop with this service, I was a little concerned.  Then I researched what it was all about.  So, $35 a month later, I am receiving the same service I was getting before, only I have to pay extra now because I actually use it.  I am so pleased that Comcast, in their infinite wisdom, has decided to screw me and anyone else in their "testing areas" (which translates as "the areas that we will be squeezing for an extra chunk of money because...well... because we can!").  This is among the most blatant mistreatment of customers I think I've ever encountered.  350 G?  Seriously?  I burn that much loading the ads that flood every web site you come across!  I'll pay it, for now.  The moment I come up with a viable and affordable option, I am done.  Thanks for nothing, Comcast.

New Poster

Thanks for the FCC complaint info, its infuriating that in my area I dont have any other provider alternative si Im stuck with them.

At least they should try to provide daily detailed info about their customers consumption, in the last few days Comcast claims Ive used more internet that ever despite of being out of home and having disconnected all my devices. (of course my router traffic monitor does not agree with Comcast meter as usual so I even more frustrated).

New Poster

Internet Cap. Another way Comcast is stealing

Why I;m I being capped on my internet at 300GB. never had this beofre. Is this something new. Or another way Comcast is trying to steal more money from us with an already slow and lethargic internet speed?

New Poster

Re: Internet Cap. Another way Comcast is stealing

You want to hear what really a rip off? I live in Tucson Arizona where I was involuntarily forced to participate in a test where I can only use 350 GB of data a month. Not only that, but if I was interested in going to an unlimited data plan and paying more money for it, Tucson is not authorized to do that! Awesome customer service isn't it? 

Highlighted
Contributor

CALL FOR THE NEW PRICE IN YOUR SECOND MONTH OF COURTESY!!!!!!!

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

If you are going over the artifically low 300GB limit, YOU MUST CALL DURINIG YOUR LAST COURTESY MONTH TO START PAYING $30 MORE A MONTH.

I made the mistake of calling in January, which is the month that my "courtesy" period ran out and they WILL NOT put me on as of January 1.  So I am paying an extra $80 in January.

I went to the Comcast store to try and reduce my services - while they agreed that I can cancel my contract due to the price increase (which took some convincing and reading the language in the terms and conditions to them).  THEY TOLD ME THAT WHILE I COULD CANCEL MY CONTRACT, THEY WOULD STILL CHARGE THE EARLY TERMINATION FEES.  AND, THEY WILL NOT ALLOW ME TO REDUCE SERVICES TO OFFSET THE ADDITIONAL $30/MONTH FEE.

So, after two hours on the phone and a trip to Comcast, I have zero satisfaction.

ANYONE READING THIS, PLEASE MOVE THE $30 INCREASE DURING YOUR LAST MONTH OF "COURTESY" OR YOU WILL BE PAYING A LOT MORE THAN YOU BARGAINED FOR IN THE NEXT MONTH.

oh am I upset by Comcast and this new policy.  Why have a contract when they can raise the price and there's nothing you can do about it.

Frequent Visitor

Re: CALL FOR THE NEW PRICE IN YOUR SECOND MONTH OF COURTESY!!!!!!!

Wouldn't it be nice if the FCC and FTC actually did their jobs to protect consumers from this blatant predation?

What are consumers receiving for their tax dollars?  Data caps, that's what.

Makes one wonder who exactly is in charge.

Regular Visitor

In the last 60 days Comcast suddenly says I'm using more than 300 gb a month, but I don't stream movies etc and I monitor my gateway with Fing and no one is piggybacking. I've recently switched all my devices over to the Xfinity hotspot I'm in, but they say I still use 10 gb a day, kinda strange isn't it? I talked to Philly ( boy, that was hard to do, another story ) and he says if anything they under report on their equip. Sounds to me like someone is not being completely truthful. 

Contributor

Comcast has to be breaching contract law (besides of course breaching common decency law by unilaterally raising the the contract price during a contract when they have a monopoly).

Here is our agreement:  http://www.xfinity.com/corporate/customers/policies/subscriberagreement.html

The contract says on page one:

"Unless this Agreement or applicable law specifies otherwise, we will give you thirty (30) days prior notice of any significant change to this Agremeent.  If you find the change unacceptable, you have the right to cancel your Service(s).  However, if you continue to receive Service(s) after the end of the notice period (the "Effective Date") of the change, you will be considered to have accepted the changes".

Is anyone on here a lawyer?  I have two quesitons.

1.  What is the "Notice Period" they attempt to define here?  They will give us 30 days prior notice of a change, but they do not specify how long we have to cancel our services.  Their definition of Effective Date does not define a date specific.  What is the end of the "notice period"?

2.  The contract is slient as to early termination fees, yet two agents at the Comcast store stated that I would have to pay "astronomical" early termination fees.  As I read this, all I have to do is turn in the equipment within 10 days (Section C. d. 3., Your Obligations upon Termination).

As we are all subject to the manditory arbitration clause, there can be no class action suit.  They do this so there's no money in it for any lawyer to take the case.  

However, I would love to learn a lawyer's interpretation of these two contract clauses. 

Problem Solver

I think people are confused when they claim Comcast is raising prices when they are under contract. The only time you are under contract is when you agree for a fixed term like 12 or 24 months. During that term your package rate will not change. Of course when the term runs out all bets are off.

My experience with Comcast with a contract rate of $99 for one year

Year 1: $99/month

Year 2: $119/month

Year 3: $185/month (full price)

Note that if I had canceled the package before the 1-year term was up I would have owed the full $185/month for the time I had it. This is in the term agreement if you read it.

An analogy is a 12-month lease for an apartment. Your landlord can't raise your rent for the 12-month period. When the lease runs out the landlord can raise the rent any time. Also, if you leave before the 12-month term is up the landlord can go after you for the whole 12-months of rent is he wants.

When you are not under a 12 or 24-month term agreement with Comcast it is like living in an apartment month to month. You are free to leave any time (with proper notice) but your monthly rate is subject to go up any time.

Contributor

^^^ I am in year 1 of a 2 year contract. I've signed thousands of contracts in my life and this is the first one whereby one party can unilaterally increase the price.
Frequent Visitor

Just an idea.

I don't supose a protest is in order?

We all pick a day a few months from now, and protest our local Comcast office?

Get the media involved? Spread some info?