Community Forum

Terabyte Internet Data Usage

New Poster

Re: I just hit the 300GB limit without doing much

The problem with that is that it costs a ton of money and the movies are OLD - I just renegotiated my cable bill in September, getting rid of all premium channels except HBO and dumped home phone.  No mention ever of data limit.  It slashed my cable/internet/phone bill from $365 a month to $160 - and there is still nothing but crappy movies on premium cable.  I got Netflix last summer - we watched a few movies/shows a week.  The data meter barely even moves.  All of the sudden this month we have reached 100-percent in three days.  After 1 hour on hold and being bounced around comcast - a sweet woman in the internet department did a troubleshooting - said there should be no way we are using that much and transferred me to Internet Security to launch an "investigation".  A  very rude man with an eastern european accent read a very long statement and said if I'm using Netflix that's the problem.  WHAT A SCAM.  Calling our State Attorney General's office TODAY.

New Poster

Data overages were made to hurt netflix, and its hurting customers

I am sick and tired of getting charged overages for Data usage on my internet. I think the FCC needs to step in to regulate this. Consumers do not know how many gigs a youtube, amazon, netflix, or hulu video takes up. Consumers need protection. For all we know comcast could be lieing. Are they regulated by the govt to ensure their tracking devices are capturing the real usage.

I also am sick and tired of paying more in Nashville Tn than other places there are no data caps. In Nashville Tn, you are allotted 300gb a month. We have a family of 7 children. We all watch netflix, hulu, and amazon for children shows. Comcast does not provide many children shows!

Tuscon Arizona get an allotment of 600gb data for the exact same service as me!!!!!!!!!! I pay more, they pay less, and some Pay None for overages....I will be starting a petition on change.org to get this regulated so we as consumers can protect ourself from overages that we do not see coming

Comcast is like having a tank of gas, and you watch your needle trickle down. I pay $200 a month roughly. I dont want to watch my tank. I want to enjoy the internet the way it is ment to be.

Comcast only did this to ruin netflix, and amazon prime. This is what happens when a monoply runs a country.

Frequent Visitor

Data cap

I have recently noticed that instead of a data cap of 300 GB, I now only have 250 GB.  I am going over this by at least 150 GB per month.  With this not costing Comcast additional money to provide, I do not understand these charges and believe that this is a solid basis for a class action lawsuit.  I notice that other regions of the country have higher limits - perhaps as a result of a lawsuit?  I would love to contact an agressive attorney in town that would take this on becasue I know I am not the only one experiencing this issue.  Could be very lucrative....

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Data cap

In the majority of areas the 250 cap has been suspended for a few years now. I have only heard of the cap being active in the trial areas. What area are you in? Are you sure you are being charged for going over 250?

Frequent Visitor

Yes I am definitely being charged for the overages - $30 in May and I expect to be dinged another $40 in June.  They charge $10 for every block of 50gb that they add to your account once you go over the initial $250 allotment.  I can't beleive that I am alone in this....

Frequent Visitor

I live in Nashville, TN

Frequent Visitor

Re: Data overages were made to hurt netflix, and its hurting customers

I live in Nashville too and my allotment is only 250gb!!!  I was notified on 06/14 that I had already reached 90% of the allotment and we went over it a few days later.  I don't even know how much I will be charged extra this month, but surely there is something that can be done. 

I think if I was an attorney this would be a dream case for a class action lawsuit....  

Is anyone listening????

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Data overages were made to hurt netflix, and its hurting customers

I would call in with that you should have 300 unless something has changed recently:

"Nashville, Tennessee market: 300 GB per month and additional gigabytes in increments/blocks ( e.g., $10.00 per 50 GB )."

New Poster

300gig is pathetic

So let me get this straight, Comcast has no problems charging me for the 105mb service but yet with a family of 4 all using the internet they want to charge me if I go over 300gb in a month???  Please tell me something is in the works and we can pay more to get unlimited.  And before someone who lives by themself tries to chastise me on how much 300gb is, keep in mind I have four people, 2 work out of the house, and besides laptops we have iphones/ipads, etc.  Every youtube stream is 50mb or so.  Is there something Comcast is going to do about this?

Edit:  This forum is ridiculously slow so I didn't see this thread when I posted.  I am obviously stating something that everyone else knows but it is still ridiculous.  I was a charter customer and comcast took them over in my area so I don't even have a choice.

Contributor

Re: The DATA CAP MEGA THREAD....post data cap questions or comments here.

The last thing Comcast should do is charge more. I'm already spending nearly 300 bucks a month for what's to be top notch and I'm capped and my service I'm getting is no better then all those complaining here. No more money for more access. We should just get the actual service being paid for. Another post somewhere said they spent 100 bucks month and then stated what they paid for. I early get the service I pay for. Instead its more like the 100 buck package for 300 bucks. That's what is robbery. Caps and low end connection for top dollar packages should be removed. I for one don't want to pay more for an even worse service. So instead of offering Comcast more money. We ALL should get together and Sue this company at the same time. So that maybe this crooked company will actually start providing a real service. Not a expensive joke.
Regular Contributor

Re: 300gig is pathetic

@GH13 wrote:

So let me get this straight, Comcast has no problems charging me for the 105mb service but yet with a family of 4 all using the internet they want to charge me if I go over 300gb in a month???  Please tell me something is in the works and we can pay more to get unlimited.  And before someone who lives by themself tries to chastise me on how much 300gb is, keep in mind I have four people, 2 work out of the house, and besides laptops we have iphones/ipads, etc.  Every youtube stream is 50mb or so.  Is there something Comcast is going to do about this?

Edit:  This forum is ridiculously slow so I didn't see this thread when I posted.  I am obviously stating something that everyone else knows but it is still ridiculous.  I was a charter customer and comcast took them over in my area so I don't even have a choice.

One would think that since it is 2015 that Comcast would come aboard and realize that internet usage has drastically changed from what it was 10 years ago.  More devices to connect, streaming video etc.  They certainly are charging more than they did ten years ago!

Comcast could create customer goodwill by doing away with the caps.  Charter announced no caps if their merger is approved with TWC.

I encourage you file a complaint with the FCC.  They are in a better position now to address the issue.

New Poster

Net Neutrality - and plans that are clearly defined by Comcast!
New Poster

Re: I just hit the 300GB limit without doing much

Actually there is plenty we can do about it.  First, a class action lawsuit for anti-competitive practices.  They are freezing out other services like Netflix, VUDU, and Amazon Video by forcing customers who have these services to pay extra to use them.  Second, we can always vote with our money.  I currently pay extra for higher data speeds.  That will stop as soon as I get a bill for going over the data cap.  I will lower my bill to the bare minimum and then pay for the extra data, but still be under what I pay them today.  So their new policy will actually lose them money for me.  And just think if everyone did that what would they be forced to do?  Get rid of the data cap and hope people will want the faster speed back.  There is no way they will get an extra dime out of me.  I currently pay well over $150/month for my service, but I refuse to pay for data overages that limit what other services (Netflix, etc..) I can use.  This is flat out unfair business practices and I'm very surprised that Netflix, VUDU, and Amazon haven't launched a group lawsuit against Comcast.  The only way Comcast will listen is if people use their money to talk for them.  As for me, I'm changing my plan immediately to get rid of the higher speeds and will take the bare minimum to lower my bill by at least $60/month.  I certainly will drop the phone service as well since I don't even use it anyway.  Comcast watch my dollars go from your hands back to mine.  Whoever thought of this "screw the customer" approach should be fired.  It will cost you loyalty and money in the long run, mark my words.  As soon as another viable service provider comes along it's bye bye Comcast!!!

A previously loyal Comcast customer!

New Poster

Actually there is plenty we can do about this stupidity from Comcast.  First, a class action lawsuit for anti-competitive practices.  They are freezing out other services like Netflix, VUDU, and Amazon Video by forcing customers who have these services to pay extra to use them.  Second, we can always vote with our money.  I currently pay extra for higher data speeds.  That will stop as soon as I get a bill for going over the data cap.  I will lower my bill to the bare minimum and then pay for the extra data, but still be under what I pay them today.  So their new policy will actually lose them money for me.  And just think if everyone did that what would they be forced to do?  Get rid of the data cap and hope people will want the faster speed back.  There is no way they will get an extra dime out of me.  I currently pay well over $150/month for my service, but I refuse to pay for data overages that limit what other services (Netflix, etc..) I can use.  This is flat out unfair business practices and I'm very surprised that Netflix, VUDU, and Amazon haven't launched a group lawsuit against Comcast.  The only way Comcast will listen is if people use their money to talk for them.  As for me, I'm changing my plan immediately to get rid of the higher speeds and will take the bare minimum to lower my bill by at least $60/month.  I certainly will drop the phone service as well since I don't even use it anyway.  Comcast watch my dollars go from your hands back to mine.  Whoever thought of this "screw the customer" approach should be fired.  It will cost you loyalty and money in the long run, mark my words.  As soon as another viable service provider comes along it's bye bye Comcast!!!

A previously loyal Comcast customer!

Frequent Visitor

Send an email to:

we_can_help@comcast.com

Include all of your information, full name, service address, phone numbers where you can be reached easily, as well as the phone number associated with your account, your account number, and details about all the issues you have been having. Also include a link to this post.
I sent an e-mail to the above contact and copied the FCC consumer complaint contact since I had already filed a complaint with them and was adding this information to my file.
First I received a call from Comcast security. He stated his department was collecting our feedback on the data cap fiasco. He stated that for the next three months, they would not charge me for overages as I am in a test market and maybe policy would change. However, one of their policies is to drop you if you run over for 3 months. This comment was interesting because they have the monopoly where I live so I will have a field day with the FCC. Shortly thereafter, I receive an e-mail from the FCC requesting more info as they have opened a case file. They informed Comcast about the case and then I get a call from a Comcast exec (voicemail) which I have not returned. First I will explain to the FCC all of the cramming, fraud, and abuse of Comcast's policies and query how the FCC intends to take action as potentially Comcast, through their current policies, could cut me off in two more months. No where on Comcast's site showing plan options are data caps mentioned. Anywhere. You'd have to search high and low on their site as it is buried somewhere else. Deceptive practices? Oh yeah...I'll let you know how this goes. My suggestion to all is to follow the map of my activities explained here. Comcast will get their due. Consumers are getting screwed and yes, it's illegal what they are doing under the guise of their "policies". Go for it boys and girls! We need to hold Comcast accountable for their deceptive and deplorable business practices
Contributor

I support this. It's time to slap Comcast with a overage penalty.
New Poster

Get rid of the data limits. Terrible.

I just moved from Little Rock to Memphis, where you have the stupid data limits monthly.  Get rid of them.  I just bought a 4K TV that streams 4K that I cannot use becuase of these STUPID data limits.  What is the point of having all of this technology that connects to the internet when your ISP won't let you use them?  I cannot begint to tell you my frustration.  On top of the industry's worst customer service, now you lay this on us?  I will add that I am a decision maker for a group of 22 medical clinics in Memphis, and about ready to pull Comcast data out of ALL of them. 

Expert

Re: Get rid of the data limits. Terrible.

Move to business class where there isn't data caps.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Get rid of the data limits. Terrible.

So your solution to avoid paying more because of the data cap is to switch to a plan that costs more? Genius.

Contributor

I agree with you switch to something higher to avoid data caps? When other cable companies don't have one or are so large you'll never hit it?
New Poster

Data Cap/Overage

My question is why do you put a data cap on internet usage and how do you even get away with it? To me it's an absolute money making business opportunity for Comcast and it's absolute BS. There is no reason why you should be even data capping internet and you can't sell be on the bandwidth issue because that's absolute BS, as well, because you have been sending huge amounts of data (video/audio/HD) over coaxial for years, even before the internet and I know that coax can handle it. You do it so that 1. you can charge for overages, which is BS and 2. because you want to limit the streams, such as Netflix because you want people to use your cable services, another absolute BS. 

Then if I want to switch with someone else the only other opportunity is to go with Century Link, who absolutely sucks. I will keep you all for now because I don't have a choice with your monopoly and all but I will be writing city officials, state representatives, and the BBB because I'm really tired of corporate America taking advantage of the little guy. You all are ridiculous and don't worry about sending your robotic response because I really don't give two (expletive) about it.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@lklasing wrote:
I agree with you switch to something higher to avoid data caps? When other cable companies don't have one or are so large you'll never hit it?

You should not have to switch to a more expensive "business class" in order to have no caps.  Plus getting locked in to a 2 year contract.

The Comcast data caps "trial" is totally unfair and restricts the use of the internet.  The FCC is looking into the "trial" and why you can stream Comcast's "On Demand" with no data charges yet you can't stream Netflix etc. without hitting your cap.  This is exactly the type of "preferences" that Net Neutrality is supposed to address.

If you file a complaint with the FCC, you will be added to the growing list of Comcast customers yelling "foul"!

New Poster

Re: Low data cap for highest tier internet makes no sense

Filed my FCC complaint today. I know very well that however they are "measuring" the data usage-- they are not doing it correctly. And I have called Comcast SEVERAL times about this and told them this. I used to work for Comcast internet tech support back in '09 so I KNOW how internet modems work.

Here is my data usage for the last 3 months based on their readings.. April- 501GB, May- 145GB, June- 375 GB, July (as of the 14th)- 109GB. HOW in the world does that make any sense?? My family was on vacation from July 8th-the 12th and only my brother was here at my house during those days. 

I have called Comcast many times and asked that my lines be looked into because when my services were installed when we moved to this house last July, our installation was a wreck. It took 10 hours- no joke. We had packet loss which means the data is being sent over and over again until it sends through. They gave me the same excuse as everyone else "someone may be hacked into your WIFI". So, I pleased them by changing my passwords and WIFI name. Still no change. 

I have always stood behind Comcast for years, but this is getting ridiculous. I have been fighting this for the past year now.

New Poster

Dear "Comcastcares"

Your user name is the biggest misnomer on these boards.  I didn’t sign up for throttled internet service.  I signed up for unlimited service.  It was your (management?) brilliant idea to assign Atlanta as a “test-market” for Data Caps.  Being a guniea pig to determine how your company can make more money has been a true joy.  I didn’t think customer (no)service could get any worse than when you were strictly a cable provider – boy was I wrong.

Let’s take the greed goggles off for a minute and think about what happened the last time you abused your monopoly status?  Oh that’s right, satellite TV provides took millions of your customers.   Now online content providers are mopping the floor with both of you! 

Here we are on the verge of Google Fiber availability in Atlanta.  So what do you do?  Start gouging customers with a Data Cap plan.  Last month my bill for internet was over $230!!  Not only that, there isn’t even an option to increase the draconian cap you arbitrarily decided to place on our service.  No options, just pay up!  I know where that business plan leads and you should too!

Expert
Moved:

Regular Contributor

Maybe I'm in the minority here...appears so.  I don't work for Comcast, but I do and have worked in the IT/software industry for going on 30 years, so I understand the technical and the business implications and details.

To me, the only thing that I find a bit silly is that Comcast provides the same basic data cap for all tiers.  I'm in the Atlanta market, and I get a 300GB/mo allocation with my Extreme 105 service.  To me, it seems silly to provide me with the same data allocation as those using much slower and less expensive tiers.

As for all the nonsense I see about Comcast being "unfair" and all the whining...really?   Where is it written that Comcast or any provider has to provide you with unlimited data?  Where is it written that they can't change their price, connection speed, or terms of service, except as expressly prohibited by law or the FCC?  Just like my mobile 4G data plan from AT&T, I have a data allocation per month that's included with my service.  If I exceed my allocation, I can use more data, but I'm charged for the additional usage. Before that even happens, I get 3 grace periods where I don't see any overage charges.  If that doesn't meet my needs, then I can switch providers. 

I have a wife and 3 kids.  We have many devices, including phones, game consoles, laptops, tablets, smart TVs, and I use my connection when I'm working at home.  We have not exceeded 300GB other than one time more than a year ago, when I uploaded a large amount of data for backup purposes to the cloud.  I have to wonder what people, especially single people, are doing to use so much data in a month, but that's their business.  The key is that they can use as much as they want, but they have to pay for what they use or switch to business class or switch providers.   Not sure why that's so hard to grasp. 

Frequent Visitor

Turn off the freaking pop up injected into my browser NOW.

Frequent Visitor

>Where is it written that Comcast or any provider has to provide you with unlimited data? 

It might not be written but in this day and age when a single game download can be 50+ GB and every show you watch on Netflix is 1GB + it is NECESSARY to have more than 300 GB for a reasonable amount of money.  Nothing changed, it didn't suddenly become that GB were a valued commodity, Comcast just decided to try to force people into watching cable TV instead of streaming by enforcing these data caps.

Contributor

I did file a complaint. Comcast told the FCC they would be in touch with me so the FCC closed the case. Never heard from Comcast. I've since switched to a business account. Same speed as Blast and no cap for $123 a month in my area. That's quite a bit less than what I was paying with the overage charges. Something to consider for those that go over on a regular basis.

Regular Contributor

@SkyhawkDriver wrote:

As for all the nonsense I see about Comcast being "unfair" and all the whining...really?   Where is it written that Comcast or any provider has to provide you with unlimited data?  Where is it written that they can't change their price, connection speed, or terms of service, except as expressly prohibited by law or the FCC?  Just like my mobile 4G data plan from AT&T, I have a data allocation per month that's included with my service.  If I exceed my allocation, I can use more data, but I'm charged for the additional usage. Before that even happens, I get 3 grace periods where I don't see any overage charges.  If that doesn't meet my needs, then I can switch providers. 

*****************************************************************************************************

You are right in that Comcast can do whatever they want with their product and services.  In most other business scenarios, customers have a choice in providers.  I do not have that choice.  It is Comcast or slow DSL thanks to my local officials who gave Comcast a monopoly.  Hopefully in 4 years when that franchise agreement is up, someone else can come in and give me a real choice like you have.

What Comcast has chosen to do is a "trial" in selected markets where they have no competition and then have different caps in those markets.  When I "whine" it is about the unfairness of the "trial" now 2 years old.

I also "whine" that Comcast allows unlimited streaming of their content while placing limits on Netflix etc. in that if you go over the "cap" you have to pay more for Netflix etc. but NOT Comcast's content.

NBC/Comcast is making plenty of money.  It would not present a financial hardship for them to have no caps.  But then it would hurt their real motive which is to stop "cord cutters"!

Contributor

Agreed that they can have the cap if they so choose. HOWEVER...they should be up front about it when asked. When I went to sign up for my service, I specifically asked if there was a data cap. The person at the Comcast center said they didn't know what it was but that even business rarely hit it. Well, as long as you don't stream Netflix or XFinity services, you won't. You do much more than surf the web and get email, you'll hit it pretty fast.

Diamond Problem Solver
Moved:

Re: 300GB Limit and some math

Post removed due to a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation. Please do not try to bypass the filter. thank you. Forum Guidelines (which everyone should read before making his/her first post) state Please Don't 2. Use Profanity Please keep your posts clean. Our forums have an automated profanity filter to block out inappropriate language. Please do not circumvent it by finding colorful ways to approximate or disguise those words. If you are caught trying to bypass the filters in any way, your posting privileges may be revoked.

Contributor

SkyhawkDriver, one could argue it's different since AT&T Mobility is a mobile provider while Comcast is not. I'm one of four people in my family on one of T-Mobile's Simple Choice plans. I pay $10 per month for 1 GB of 4G speed data and unlimited 2G speed data. That works for me since I mostly use Comcast's network at home and avoid doing any video streaming on T-Mobile's network. With Comcast my parents, brother and I can use up to 300 GB of data with no extra cost. Unlike some customers, we don't use Netflix so we never use that amount. Some people though, do a lot of streaming and will reach or exceed 300 GB per month.

Personally I am neutral on the data cap issue since my family and I never reach the limit. However, I do think lifting the cap would save Comcast from a lot of criticism. Also, in some places Comcast is the best option or only option. Where I live, they are the only wired provider offering speeds above 1.5 Mbps.
New Poster

I guess I'm late to the game. I had NO idea that Comcast had data limits. I've been a Comcast customer my entire adult life. Recently we have had our house on the market and so we took down our TV's and have been streaming Xfinity on our laptops. We also sometimes watch Netflix and Amazon. My kids watch movies through their Xbox - which we set up through Comcast (never a word about data caps during that call). Trying to find some information on the new Modem that Comcast sent me - (which doesn't work nearly as well as the old one) - I stumbled across my data usage for the month: 548 GB and the note that enforcement of the 300 GB limit had been suspended. First I've ever heard about a limit! Contacted Comcast through the Chat feature and got the run around but was eventually told that there is a 300 GB limit but not to worry that is a HUGE size and I would never exceed it. You are so very wrong.

I find this annoying on so many levels. Comcast has put a lot of work in to making their online streaming pleasant and I really like it - now I find out that I can't use it? Netflix and Amazon Prime will be hugely impacted if this policy stands which seems like an unfair trade practice. Shouldn't the FCC or maybe the FTC be looking into this? Doesn't Comcast have to tell us before they start charging for data usage? I'm really disappointed. If they persist in this business model I will definitely take my cable and internet business elsewhere, and if I have to move my personal account my business' phone and internet account won't be far behind.

Shame on you Comcast. You have enough strikes against you with your infamous lack of customer service, why in the world would you pick this battle at a time when your own content is being streamed on line? I don't even mind (too much) watching the incessant commercials when I'm viewing your On Demand programming, but this is just entirely unacceptable.

Contributor

Switch to a business internet account. It's a bit more but no cap on it so no overage charges. I don't know who thinks that, in this day and age of Netflix, Amazon and their own Infinity services, along with games, email and surfing that 300gb is a lot of data.

Contributor

Business Class. Great Idea. Oh wait. Im in a residental area. Comcast kows this. Even though I run a bussiness here. They wont give it to me. *Sorry SIR. Bussiness Class accounts are only for Commercial and Industrial Zones. Youll have to remain in your current package.*

So. How long doea it take before the Gov. finaly violates Comcast? Never you say? The gov would rather go after people that cant afford it, since Big Bussiness can just weasel there way out like they always do.....

Lets do a test. How about we all drop our comcast accounts all at once. I mean if 500 people drop Comcast all at once that pay lets say an average of 175.00 bucks amonth. Comcast would loss 87,500.00 bucks a month.

I bet that might get someones attention to motivate to stop (A word that will get this post removed cuase they do a better job at restricting what we say and do then anything else) us around.

Alrighty back to work. Gotta make sure Im a good Wallet slave.

Contributor

I'm in a residential area. A lot of people work from home...it's called telecommuting. 

New Poster

@CatKnipND wrote:

I'm in a residential area. A lot of people work from home...it's called telecommuting. 

Yep! I'm in the ATL area (technically not Atlanta, but in the northern suburbs so I get lumped into their "trial" area). I just spent several hours on the phone with Comcast trying to figure this out to see if I can somehow switch to Business class internet because I work from home 10-12 hrs a day, and when I'm not working the husband and I play games like WoW on the computer, or online on the Xbox. Needless to say we go over our 300GB limit pretty often.

Finally got a price quote for business class internet (about $150/month plus taxes/fees), but turns out I can't even use it. Ugh!

The only other provider in my area is AT&T and from my conversation with them today, their speeds are slower, and their data limit is only 250GB

New Poster

data usage

delete this plz

New Poster

No one who cares will read this stuff, so what the heck. Why a data usage limit (yeah no cap- just a penalty fee) on home internet?  I am on the internet like others watch TV.  I turn the internet on my computer when I enter the room, instead of the TV.  I use Amazon, Netflix, and play online games.  I can see a limit on cell phones cause that is the way they make money.  What's left... Usage on TV?  dawg, don't give them ideas.....

New Poster

Does AT&T Uverse have a internet Data Usage limit? If not, Xfinity doesn't care if people switch cause of the limit?

New Poster

I was also told I would never reach this limit...wrong we have the X1 through comcast and netfix and we reached it...data caps suck!!!

Contributor

Well, at least for many of those in the Atlanta area, Google Fiber is coming. 

New Poster

internet usage

I know that sometime recently you have put limits on internet data usage.

We are VERY UNHAPPY about this!!!

Your service is worse than ever and you are charging more!!!

VERY VERY UNHAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

internet usage limits

EXTREMELY DISSATISFIFED with comcast limits on internet data usage!!!!!

terrible service...and charge more for everything!   i.e. internet data use limits, paying extra for ON DEMAND programs never charged for before

You are losing customers everday and soon will lose me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Poster

@i-am-nerdburg wrote:

In the interest of keeping things orderly....This is the DATA CAP MEGA THREAD....post data cap questions or comments here.

Please keep it civil.

Comcast is testing usage plans (AKA "data caps") in certain markets.

The markets that are currently testing usage plans are:

Nashville, Tennessee market: 300 GB per month and additional gigabytes in increments/blocks ( e.g., $10.00 per 50 GB ). 

Tucson, Arizona market: Economy Plus through Performance tiers receive 300 GB. Those customers subscribed to the Blast! Internet tier receive 350 GB; Extreme 50 customers receive 450 GB; Extreme 105 customers receive 600 GB. Additional gigabytes in increments/blocks of 50 GB for $10.00 each in the event the customer exceeds their included data amount. 

Huntsville and Mobile, Alabama; Atlanta, Augusta and Savannah, Georgia; Central Kentucky; Maine; Jackson, Mississippi; Knoxville and Memphis, Tennessee and Charleston, South Carolina: 300 GB per month and additional gigabytes in increments/blocks ( e.g., $10.00 per 50 GB ) Economy Plus customers have the option of enrolling in the Flexible-Data plan.

Fresno, California, Economy Plus customers also have the option of enrolling in the Flexible-Data plan.

- If you live outside of these markets you ARE NOT currently subject to a data plan.

- Comcast DOES NOT THROTTLE your speed if you exceed your usage limits.

- You can check out the Data Usage Plan FAQ for more information.

NOT happy with this 300GB a month!! please change it back!!

New Poster

Re: internet usage limits

I second that!

New Poster

First off data caps are garbage, but if you are going to have a data cap at least let me pay a fair market price for more data. Extremely dissatisfied and of course comcast is the only provider in my area.

Regular Contributor

Why can't we use the Tucson type Cap here in Atlanta? While all caps suck at least this one makes more sense to give more bandwidth to users who pay for a higher speed plan. The other area like mine that have a cap regalrdess of seepe dis ridiculous. I pay for the 105 MBPS plan it is silly that I have the same cap as someone on the 6MBPS plan.

Tucson, Arizona market: Economy Plus through Performance tiers receive 300 GB. Those customers subscribed to the Blast! Internet tier receive 350 GB; Extreme 50 customers receive 450 GB; Extreme 105 customers receive 600 GB. Additional gigabytes in increments/blocks of 50 GB for $10.00 each in the event the customer exceeds their included data amount. 

Frequent Visitor

When is the trial going to end. Don't we already pay enough for your service. It sucks that we have to monitor our internet. Please end this and go back to the way it was when we did not have to worry about going over