Community Forum

TG3482G modem dropping Mbps, and needing restart 4-5 times a day s3 days now.

Frequent Visitor

TG3482G modem dropping Mbps, and needing restart 4-5 times a day s3 days now.

I've tried everything to figure it out but at 9pm Sunday night my connection speed started dropping so low my streaming services stop functioning, then picks back up. Then goes down. After restart I'll get maybe 2-3 hours before it starts having fits again. Anyone have some issue?
Expert

Re: TG3482G modem dropping Mbps, and needing restart 4-5 times a day s3 days now.

Is this with a WiFi connection ?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: TG3482G modem dropping Mbps, and needing restart 4-5 times a day s3 days now.

Everything, ethernet and wifi.
Expert

What do the modem's signal stats look like ? Try getting them here; 

http://10.0.0.1

Please post the *Downstream Power Level*, the *Upstream Power Level*, and the *SNR* (Signal to Noise Ratio) numbers.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Expert

Please also post the balance of the downstream channels from number 6 on, and also post the error / event log entries.

Frequent Visitor

Sorry about that, I'm totally uneducated.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/voiFU9P8AoiBVxrBA
Frequent Visitor

Where would I find error logs?
Frequent Visitor

Expert

O/k the up and down power levels and the SNR's all look o/k. Were you able to find the modem segment's RF error / event log entries ?

Expert

O/k those are the router component errors and they are unhelpful. We need to see the modem componenent's RF error / event log entries if they are available.

Frequent Visitor

I cant find any other logs or reports other than parental control reports. I guess im just stuck with garbage per usual. It's just my luck with stuff like this. It was working too good for too long, 6 months no problems, 8pm exactly Sunday night, that all changed. Now I guess I should be happy it works at all. Thanks for your help
Expert

O/k I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They will be able to poll the CMTS to see whether or not everything is in the green zone, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and also see a history plot for the modem and the error log entries,. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

Frequent Visitor

After a convo with comcast cares thru Twitter, I was told my number where a little off, and a signal was sent, modem restarted. The rep told me my numbers slightly improved but it was a problem with the "node" servicing my area. That the node was being worked on and when that was complete we could move forward. Not sure what a node is.
Expert

@X9M wrote:
Not sure what a node is.

https://www.quora.com/Can-anyway-explain-a-node-used-by-cable-companies-like-Comcast

Official Employee

Hi, X9M. Welcome! Thanks for reaching out to us here. I will be happy to review diagnostic information for your modem and look into the details regarding the intermittent internet connectivity issues that you are experiencing at night. We can also check the modem's historical plots as part of that research. To start, please send me a private message with your name and we will go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, X9M. I didn't hear back from you on this. I will need to complete this interaction. If you end up needing further support with it, please send me a private message. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.