Community Forum

TG3482G Gigabit Ethernet Port Issue

New Poster

TG3482G Gigabit Ethernet Port Issue

I have been paying for Extreme Pro internet (400Mbps) and have only been receiving roughly 90Mbps to 100Mbps. Just had a tech come here and said I was connecting to 2.4Ghz via Ethernet, and then said my PC wasn't capable of the higher speeds. After checking that my motherboard indeed does have Gigabit Ethernet (GIGABYTE GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI). Going through the Gateway for the router, I discovered that my ethernet ports are only rated for 100Mbps, when the page also states that I have 2 Gigabit ethernet ports. I am seeking a way to gain access to the full speeds of these ports, or if I should get a new box that will support my speeds if this one doesn't. Xfi.png

Expert

Re: TG3482G Gigabit Ethernet Port Issue

@Nardella22 wrote:

Just had a tech come here and said I was connecting to 2.4Ghz via Ethernet. 

That can't be. It's either / or. 2.4 GHz is WiFi. Ethernet is a direct hardwired connection. Which one are you connecting with ?

Xfi.png

Can't see your pic. Since you are a new poster, it likely needs to be approved by a Forum Admin.

You could try hosting it at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites and post the link to it here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

https://imgur.com/dtehQ00
This is what I see in the gateway

New Poster

And I am connecting with Hardwire, I was confused as well when he said I was connecting to a wifi frequency via ethernet

Expert

You posted this;

"Gigabit Ethernet (GIGABYTE GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI)"

That is not your adapter for hardwired... Check your dialog /config for the correct adapter. Sound to me like you do indeed have a 10/100 only port issue.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I was stating it was my motherboard, which from the site I purchased it it states it has 10/100/1000 so I know its not my motherboard
Expert

But you stated this;

" I discovered that my ethernet ports are only rated for 100Mbps"

Your posts are confusing, sorry...

Also this;

" when the page also states that I have 2 Gigabit ethernet ports" 

Those are the ports on the 3482 gateway device. All ports need to be 10/100/1000 for it to work ! And the ethernet cable has to be a least a cat5e one or better. cat6 is even better !

Your pic shows that there is only a 100 Mbps port negotiation.

Official Employee

@Nardella22, thanks for visiting our Forums, since we have not heard back from you on this thread, I will be locking it. Please be sure to reach back out to us for any further assistance with this, or for any new issue or concerns. We're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being a Comcast customer. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.