Community Forum

T3 timeouts and modem reboots

Regular Visitor

T3 timeouts and modem reboots

Since 6/20 or so we have been experiencing isolated T3 timeouts and modem resets.  I've checked physical connections here in the house and box outside looks clean and tight.  Direct connect from the modem to the PC exhibits the same issues.  Event logs and Modem status are provided. 

Thanks in advance.

Modem Status

Events Log

Expert

Re: T3 timeouts and modem reboots

Can't see your pics. Since you are a new poster, they likely need to be approved by a Forum Admin. Or you may need to make a minimum number of posts.

You could try hosting them at one of those free third-party pic hosting sites like Photobucket or Imgur and post the link to them here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks.  Edited the original post.  

Expert

Even though the signal stats looked o/k at that snapshot in time, the error log entries confirm that something is going on. Perhaps there is noise ingress into the line(s) somewhere.

There are other signal stat figures that can't be read by the modem. They are the "Upstream Rx Power" (Upstream Receive Power Level), the "Upstream SNR Ch." (Upstream Signal To Noise Ratio), and the "Upstream ICFR" (In Channel Frequency Response). These are as equally important in diagnosing connectivity issues as are the modem's stats.

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. They can check the CMTS (Cable Modem Termination System) for any real time degradation and / or error reports, see your node / cable plant and modem health, and see whether or not everything is in the green zone. They can also see a history plot for the modem and poll for those upstream receive signal stats.

You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply.

Expert

Quite welcome ! Smiley Happy

Regular Visitor

Checking in to see if there are any results yet.  Still dropping out several times a day.  Seems to recover within a few minutes after each loss.

Thanks.

Expert

It's only been a couple of days. FWIW, this isn't real time customer support here... They do have a response queue that they have to follow here.
I'll re-escalate this.

Official Employee

Semiloki, thanks for taking the time out of your schedule to let us know about your service issues! Connections drops are a big nuisance so I'm happy to work with you and get to the bottom of this! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right-hand side.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Semiloki, glad we were able to trace those connection drops to T3 timeouts related to work at the plant in your area. Glad everything is cleared up now! Post again if you need anything! 

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.