Community Forum

T3 time-out problems

Regular Visitor

T3 time-out problems

Hello.

Currently using a Motorola MG7550 (attached screenshots are from this device).

Prior devices were a Netgear C7000 v2 and a Comcast (CISCO) DPC3941T.  All had the same symptoms as current Motorola router.

I've had intermittent internet cutouts since I moved into my current home in October 2017.  They were very infrequent and I chocked it up to "that's just the way it is".  Since 2 weeks ago, the problem has become much more prevelent.  I had been on the fence about buying my own modem/router for some time before the problem got worse so I went and did so...hoping it would fix the issue.

First modem was a Netgear c7000 v2.  Activated it with Comcast and immediately started getting internet dropouts.  The event log was littered with T3 timeout /range response issues.  After Googling how to remedy this, I found numerous posts from people with the same issue with that particular router.  After contacting Netgear support for help with the matter, I was told that "they have a firmware update available that fixes the issue but it's awaiting approval from Comcast before they can release it".  I have no clue if that's true but that's what I was told.  The large number of posts from other people with the same issue told me that this wasn't the product for me.  So I returned it and got a Motorola MG7550.  Other people had excahnged for the same unit and reported a much better experience and that it fixed their internet dropouts.

Now using the Motorola MG7550 and am still having random dropouts / T3 timeout issues.

As for troubleshooting: I have replaced the "cheap gold colored" splitter between the wall plate and cable box/modem with an Antronix 5-1000 mhz 2 way 3.5 dB.  Took my coax wrench and verified that all connections were snug (but not too tight).  All the cables inside the home are RG6 and have compression ends.  I checked all those after reading the connection troubleshooting sticky here.

Any other suggestions before I call and schedule a tech visit?

Thank you.

EDIT: I've added the values from the Comcast modem in case they help.

Event Log.jpgEvent LogUS DS.jpgUS/DS

XFinity Values 1.jpg
XFinity Values 2.jpg
XFinity Values 3.jpg
XFinity Values 4.jpg
XFinity Values 5.jpg
Expert

Re: T3 time-out problems

Hi @Buzzwyzr

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello Buzzwyzr. I can assist with further troubleshooting your internet connectivity issues. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thank you The_Janitor for your help! 👍
New Poster

How come WiFi hotspots near 700 Bloomfield Ave, Bloomfield CT 06002 no longer work?